Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Camo

Old 09-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best Camo

What is the best camo made on the market right now?
Old 09-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best Camo

That is more personal preference than anything except there is one camo company that has done more research than all the others, check out www.lenartz.com for ASAT camo, see the ASAT thread at the bottom of page one/top of page two and check out this thread for opinions....

http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.a...23&FORUM_ID=19

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-20-2002, 10:43 PM

A very personal question (one to open a can of worms here)
It depends on the terrain your hunting. ASAT IS good camo....just not quite everything they say it is (they ALL look good in the pics they take)
I am liking the Reatree hardwoods HD. Seeing it in the woods for REAL (at least the woods I hunt) got me. it is very hard to see where the hunter ends and the woods start...even at a long distance.
For ME and the woods I hunt, the ASAT is too yellow. Deer might not pick up on that, but I sure do, and suspect turkeys would as well.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Stealth Force, your wrong about turkeys picking/seeing ASAT. I can attest to that, I've worn ASAT for a long time, in the Spring woods and in Fall archery I'm yet to have birds pick me out.

I even had a flock walk down a logging road I was standing on and the birds filtered out around me. I had birds standing at 3 ft of me until I moved my head and the forest erupted.

I'm curious to hear what you think they claim that is incorrect...?

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-22-2002, 10:17 AM

Hi Stealth. Yes you did open a can of worms...
Just to attempt to answer a few of your questions…

”For ME and the woods I hunt, the ASAT is too yellow. Deer might not pick up on that, but I sure do, and suspect turkeys would as well.”

…as for the “too yellow” part, the yellow band tan we use as the background to our pattern has been discovered to be the only color in the entire visible spectrum of light, in fact more visible to humans than deer, that will actually reflect any other shade, color or tone of light it happens to be in. Remember now, ASAT® was developed because the research in deer vision point not to what looks like good camo to us, but because deer and like animals have a problem in the way their eyes pick up on these colors and the pattern itself was is shown to confuse the photo receptors of the eye into not being able to focus on it. All this has been proven in over 10,000 hours of logged field-testing in the original development.
Take a look at any prey animal or bird. What are the 3 main colors on their coat? Tan, black and brown! God certainly had a reason for making them that way, wouldn’t you agree? How many times have you been watching a deer, which again is tan, black and brown, and have it disappear before you very eyes? Natural camouflage at its finest.
As for the photos, any photo can be doctored. We have no reason to deceive anyone, and will not. What you see, or don’t see, are the same shots we see in field-testing. I have taken many, many photographs and brought them back to the computer, staring at them for what seems like hours, having to zoom in on every inch to be able to pick out a hand or face or even an eye before I know where the guy actually is. We don’t give the entire photo a “sepia appearance” to make everything look brown the way I’ve seen in numerous magazine ads. I had a “School Entry Training” given by SWAT guys here in PA, was wearing my ASAT® Bucksuede BowHunter jacket and one of the guys giving the training told me how skeptical he was. I gave him one of our Law Enforcement field test suits and he took it turkey hunting in PA and WV, 3 weeks later he came back and handed over 2 hundred, or so, 35mm photos that made an ASAT® Believer out of him, and, if you send me an e-mail, I’ll put you in touch with him and he will tell you himself.
http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/forum.a...age=3&ARCHIVE=
Once again, our standing guarantee…”if you wearASAT® VanishPro® Ultimate 3-D® exclusively for one year and don’t see more animals than you ever have wearing any other pattern, we’ll buy it back! GUARANTEED!

Chuck Pensyl
Smart Hunters Wear
ASAT Camouflage
[email protected]