Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Stealth Cam Questions

Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stealth Cam Questions

Set mine up for the first time, and unlike what I have read, I had no issues with the first role I set up. However, I set it up to take a bunch of pictures so I could make sure it worked properly (I hunt 240 miles from where I live)

How do you guys set it up over a bait site? You can set it up to take x pictures every time the sensor is tripped and then wait for x minutes. To make sure it worked (I was up there for 2 nights) I set it up to take 3 pictures and then only shut off for 1 minute. I got a bunch of pictures of the same deer (obviously, and fine I was just testing it out) But how should I set it up otherwise? How do you guys do it?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Stealth Cam Questions

I set mine up so I get one picture every minute. The deer seemed spooked by the camera so I only get one picture of each deer.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on how much activity we have at the feeders, we usually set them for 1 picture ranging from a 5 minute to a 20 minute delay. We used to set them for 1 minute but lots of times ended up burning up a roll in one night. And if the hogs showed we burned a whole roll on one group of hogs. If you set it back off the feeder on a trail orsomething I'd set it for 1 minute delay.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

one or 2 minutes with one picture worked best for me. I set it for 2 pics for awhile & mostly got one good picture & one of either a retreating deer or nothing. I think the flash spooks them at first & the second pic finishes the job & they book. Set for one pic I'v got alot more photos of relaxed deer, many times several of the same deer. Spaced out like that gives them a chance to get over it, or so it seems. I set it up about 20 feet from the bait, otherwise I'll burn a roll in a night sometimes.