Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Stealth Cam Questions - Any good? >

Stealth Cam Questions - Any good?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Stealth Cam Questions - Any good?

Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stealth Cam Questions - Any good?

I have been thinking about getting a Stealth Cam I550, I was just wondering how their trigger speed is, and what quality their pictures are.

Any good, bad or in between reports on them would be appreciated as well, and other models of Stealth Cam reviews would be good as well.

I have a few Moultrie D-40s now, and am happy with them, I just want to start playing around with other cams that aren't overly expensive and see what ones work best. Thanks

Old 08-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stealth Cam Questions - Any good?

Rammer,

Go to www.chasingame.comit is a totally unbiased site where all they do is review trailcams.

Pastorjim08
Old 08-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy just won a stealth cam in some contest. Not sure of the model number, but we went and set it up the other night. After getting it facing where we wanted we did a walk by to see how long before it triggered. We had to end up doing jumping jacks to get it to take a picture. I thought to myself, I'm sticking with my moultries. See after a month how well it did.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have two of the I390's.. and they work great. i don't think the trigger speed on them is super fast, but if you set it up right the trigger speed is fast enough. the images i have gotten from them have been very clear with no problems.

Mottz..... you may be referring to the 35mm model? i have found that with most of the stealth models after you get them set up and put on the "test" mode. it takes a minute or so for that function to work. once it is working you can walk in front of it and the green light will come on.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 PM

I have the 230ir and i love this camera!! The only downfall to it is that it only takes black and white pics!! As for trigger speed, it is alright but i wouldsugest putting some type of mineral out in front of the camera!! I get over 200 pics a week and about 5-8 of the pics are no shots!! This is a good camera that takes qaulity picks if the black and white doesn't bother you!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had recently purchased a Stealth Prowler and have used it for security reasons until this past 2 days. After not using 1 before I am very happy with it. I recieved over 300 pics last night trying it out on deer. It is flashless and got me some pretty decent pics. I am sticking with it. Here is a couple ofpics from last night.. I plan on moving it next week to try and get a couple of piebald deer with..

Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the info so far! It looks liek that Prowler takes some good pics! I'm trying to stay in the 100-200 dollar range on my next camera.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 5 year old 3MP stealth and its still running solid with the 12 V external Batt..

It runs in parralell with my I40 and it hangs with it....trigger speed is grim though...
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM

The 230ir is 180$ at cabelas