Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Another Face off!!

Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another Face off!!

You know as September gets closer and closer I find my self buying more and more archery equipment. But now I am down to Broadheads. I have been reading all the forums and see a lot of talk about Slicktricks. But I personally like the design of the Wac'em Broadheads.. So my question to the Archery gods is this....What are some pro's and cons to each broadhead? And anything really impressive for either of them? Just to let you know I will be hunting mostly elk, bear, and Mulies.. And I plan on using a
100 gr. BH.. Thanks again!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Another Face off!!

All I can speak for is the slick tricks. Great heads, sharp, fly great (much better than any fixed ive ever used), and leave great holes. Out of the fixed heads Ive used, they are by far the best.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks.. I am sure they a both great heads. But seems how EVERYONE on the forums talk about Slicktricks I guess I will give them a try!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:12 PM

I use the Wac-ems.. They are amazingly tough, we shot one thru a propane tank 10 times then thru a piece of metal channel and they did not even deter the broadhead....
Old 05-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome!! How do they fly... I liked the design. But the Slicktricks get a lot of attention on this forums. So needless to say you have now put me in a pickle!!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

The wacems are really new.. and just came out last year. I got 3 of them... and they are an amazingly tough head. Not to mention they hit right w/ my field points... and I was shooting them at 308fps. I also had good luck w/ the Magnus Stingers, Montecs, SteelForce... I haven't had a chance to try the slick tricks yet though.. but all the reviews on the forums speak nothing but high praises. I don't think you can go wrong w/ either head.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know that's kind of how I was feeling. All I know is I want a strong and accurate Broadhead. I could probably go with just about anything and be alright. I guess it will come down to innie minnie miny moe! Thanks for the feed back!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have used the slick tricks to kill four deer but only held the wackems in my hand to examine them.

The slick tricks are an incredibly tough head. I don't think there is a stronger replaceable blade head out there bar none.

The blades lock in the furrel in such a way that unless the head is physically removed from the shaft they CAN NOT come out. They cut a very large 1-1/8th of an inch, four blade hole.

They penetrate like a hot knife through butter and leave blood everywhere.

They are the best flying broadhead I have ever used even with a less than perfectly tuned bow.

Blade thickness is .035".

They cost less than wackems @ $22 for three instead of $30 for three

Now my impressions of the wackems....

They have only three blades and only have a 1-1/32nd cutting diameter. Not super small but less than what I like and substantially smaller than the slick trick.

Blade thickness is only .027" so not as strong as the slick trick.

I am quite sure that they will fly and penetrate as good as a slick trick having examined them.

The blade retention system, while very strong, is not as strong or secure as the slick trick.

The only other broadhead I would consider over the slick trick would be the Razor Caps but only if I needed the added penetration of a cut to the tip head like that. Such as if I were to ever go to Africa to hunt.