Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Not too great of a year >

Not too great of a year

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Not too great of a year

Old 08-30-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Not too great of a year

How was it for you guys. It was just too cold of a summer here in west MI. Me and my buddies got a couple hundred or so, but we were out all the time. Hopefully we'll have better luck next year.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not too great of a year

Northern IL has been OK.
I think the spawn was good, but the cool weather has kept things on teh quieter side for the last month or so, bu tstill we get a few each time we go out.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:07 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Not meaning to rub it in, but this has probably been my best year to date. Been able to get out a bit more than usual, and have arrowed my biggest fish ever, along with seeing my bud arrow the biggest I've ever seen taken. Also managed to go out for stingray on a trip to FL--man alive them things put up a fight! Don't taste too bad either. Best part is my 9 year old son took his first (3) fish this year with his recurve--he can't wait to go again.

Have plans of going to a different spot that is supposed to hold lots of monster carp, and may get another chance at stingray before the year is out. Know of a spot with some big gar, just got to figure out how to get to them. Good year for bowfishin down South.

Chad
Old 09-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

A couple hundred fish sounds pretty good to me.

The stretch of the Fox River that I normally bowfish was closed for a month due to flood conditions. The closure coincided with the spawn so I missed it.

Then cold front after cold front came through. (I blame this on Jeremy... because everything is his fault. Hopefully, now that he's down in GA the weather up here will improve.)

This year was great as far as meeting up with other fish-stickers and corrupting the newbies.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a good year in Minnesota! More and more people are getting into bowfishing up here. Really looking forward to '05!

Good Luck!