Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 having great luck this year >

having great luck this year

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

having great luck this year

Old 12-01-2003, 08:03 PM

Default having great luck this year

well in WV last week i got a nice small 8 pt. a BIG doe and a button buck. only buck i saw was the one i shot in the first half an hour of opening morning.

hunted saturday in MD and missed a doe in thick brush at 100 yds. then didnt see a thing the rest of the day. went out today and everyone in the woods with our hunting party was blasting all the way up until 10:00 with 3 bucks down. 2 small 6' s and a small 4 point. as my buddy was gutting his 6 pt. 30 yds from my dad who was still in the stand a nice 8 pt. ran up and stopped 40 yds from him and he had nothing but a knife so he just watched as my dad finally had a safe chance to shoot at this nice buck, but he missed both times. now i was hutning a VERY thick clearcut with lots of downed trees which is perfect for hiding deer but i hadn' t seen hide nor hair of a deer all day. then i hear them on the radio saying he is headed my way. finally i see him 70 yds away and i took the shot but was off the mark and hit low in the leg. he ran out to 100 yds and started limping when i finished him off. he is a big boy too... 180 lbs dressed with a nice heavy 8 pt rack, perfectly even except for a fresh break on his brow tine which may have been from when he fell. he has a 15" inside spread and 9" tip-tip spread. this is my nicest deer so far and i think i get him mounted to go with my 7-pt (first buck) and my 8 pt (last year BIG wv deer, but uneven and kinda ugly rack)

anyway i will get pics up soon as i get my cam hooked up again. good luck fellas!!
Old 12-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: having great luck this year

congrats! can' t wait for those pics!