Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 New fish sticker >

New fish sticker

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

New fish sticker

Old 03-28-2009, 06:43 AM

Default New fish sticker

Hi, Im new here but not new to some of you, went out a few years ago with the ejoe for my first bowfishing adventure, since then ive borrowed my gear. I just picked up a new rig, Ill post pics later of it. Dont have any on hand now.

Got a browning cuda, AMS PRO retriever, Bowfishing Whisker bisquit, Doinker vibe reducer. got 400# line. We were/are out of the tips I need to finish the arrows ive built.

Ill get back on later with more, jsut wanted to pop in a quick hello.

Does anyone know if ejoe or jp are on here or christine?
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New fish sticker

Welcome Abord ILOUTFITTER, the water is fine. You can find Christine at

ILLINOISBOWFISHERS.COM
Old 03-29-2009, 10:00 AM

I thought thats where I was at...hmmm

same root forum for the links? I always come back to HUNTING.NET

Thanks for the welcomes, I do work at cabelas and I do run a department, I am better known on some boards as Bargain Cave Ray or Racindaelky78( old name that a few might remember from that other site.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Ray! Man, it's been a while.

Glad to see you made ithere.

Sounds like you have a good set up. I posted on your other thread with some places to get points. You need to get Cabela's to carry more bowfishing stuff.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM

you're telling me, here do this, this is where our customers matter the absolute most, tell us what you want. call the coporate or email, I can try and motivate on my end if you know what I mean. I see Hammond has an excellent turn out when the bowfishing clubs are there, Id love to see more events at our store, We just need the customers input. you guys have a heavy request let em know and it will get a trial run more then likely then become something we carry.

Thanks for those links, when I get paid and got more then my g cushion in the account im going to order, HOWEVER we are cross merchandising the bowfishing gear with the fishing gear so its in two places now, means we got more merch. How are the AMS arrows w/ muzzy tips?

Hello Kitty shouldnt have an AK, that cat needs to be totin an AR-50.

Since you did live in my backyard basically, do you remember the laws on the fox in the cvill/algon and the dundee/elgin sections?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Ray, next time I'm at Cabela's up there, I be on the look for you.

There's no comprehensive list of municipal laws. It's kind of a nightmare to decipher the rules when you can find 'em.

I'm pretty sure C'ville, Both Dundees and Elgin have a no weapons discharge rule. They didn't enforce it on the Fox River tho'. Generally, if you see goose blinds out there, you're in an area that it's safe to shoot a bow. The trick is to get out on the river. I launched out of that crummy launch on the north end of elgin (on the east side of the river) and never had a problem. I also launched out of Fox River Shores because the CPO told me it was okay, but I got conflicting info from the Forest preserve cops.

Shooting from the shore up there is going to be tough. I used to do it when the river was flooded and the carp were up in the timber and no one ever said anything but nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself surrounded by a SWAT team. People up there are so easily freaked out by any type of a 'weapon'. Try to find a private landowner that will let you shoot on their property.

I do know that a couple of our club members would bowfish from the shore of the Foxdown by Montgomery and that was perfectly legal.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Spike

The BoscoBear Jungle Fever Growth Chart is ideal for boys and girls with a love for jungle animals. The chart stands 1.7 meters tall and has a printed surface of 1.2m (it starts at 50cm mark).

It is rich in colour and illustrations and produced on removable vinyl (perfect for applying and removing when the time has come without taking off paint and chipping walls)

The growth chart comes with a full A5 sheet of Jungle Fever labels, where you can write key names, dates other information and simply line them up next to the appropriate height! All you need is a permanent marker.
================
buying steroids
winnebago parts