Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sticker Points

Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Sticker Points

Is it just me or are there more deer killed now with sticker points? It seems like when I was younger I don't remember that many kills with extra growth. Maybe it was because I never saw that many mature bucks. The first one that I remember was one that my uncle killed in '83. It score 176 2/8 non typical and still ranks as the #20 buck in NC.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Default RE: Sticker Points

It seems to me that if a deer is able to mature here in illinois he will have sticker points. Gotta let em grow!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Sticker Points

Man I hear ya. It is hard to get that across around here though. I honestly think that some of the states in the southeast could produce huge bucks if the mentality changed a little. I know that we will never have the body size of the deer in the north. Look at Texas though,if they can grow ranks like that in the desert with proper management imagine what we could grow here if we let a few walk.