Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Bowfishing with a crossbow??? >

Bowfishing with a crossbow???

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Bowfishing with a crossbow???

Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM

Default Bowfishing with a crossbow???

Hey guys im new the the whole bow hunting and stuff, but i was just wondering is it possible to bowhunt with a crossbow. I live near a pond and was gave permission to kill the beavers before they destroy the dam. I would just shoot them but then its a lost arrow. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to attach like 100 pound test power pro fishing line to the arrow and then possibly have the spool of like on the boat so that i can reel them back in. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bowfishing with a crossbow???

Just get a bowfishing kit. It gives you a special fibergalss arrow that is really strong and you can attack a string to it. Then you gewt a spool that attachs to your stabilizer hole on your bow.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM

where exactly is the stabalizer hole. on the limb? im new to the whole bow hunters. I just bought a Parker Safari Magnum the other day so im still getting use to the whole bow concept.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:45 PM

look at your hand grip where you hold your bow up when shooting and looking on the outside of that and down and that should be your stabelizer hole- the 100 test power pro should work but the only thing id be worried about is youd beter be in a boat or the beaver will tear all your line out and your going to have to have something to kill it with when you get it up because you don't want a beaver latching on to your arm......beavers are some tough animals your gunna need something like a 22. or a club to the head to kill them
Old 07-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

you can buy Special kits for Crossbows !! here is just the bracket !! You could buy the ams reteriver for it

http://www.backwaterbowfishing.com/onlinestore/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=157
Old 07-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

Ya and once you get setup to shoot, have somebody take a vid camera and film this, i wanna see it.