Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 bowfishing in San antonio >

bowfishing in San antonio

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

bowfishing in San antonio

Old 06-25-2008, 09:45 AM

Default bowfishing in San antonio

I have been bowfishing in one river since I started but now the fishing is not that good anymore and was wondering if anyone knows of any other spot to bowfish the Place I go is media river. So anyone has any good spot to fish can u please share not asking for peoples secret spots but just other places to fish thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bowfishing in San antonio

Don't guess they'll let you patrol the river walk looking for fish, will they? Wish I could help you out but all my bowfishing has been in the waters up here around D/FW. Lots of gar in the Trinity River.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 AM

yea I don't think they will let me bowfish on the riverwalk the place were we went had needle nose in the winter so I thought it would be better in the summer but nothing see few buffalo but thats it also I'm pretty new to BF what's a good point and arrow to buy cuz I shot a buffalo in the head right behind the eye and still came off so any help were to look for fish in general not just in San antonio
Old 06-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Calaveras used to be hell-with-the-lid-off for Tilapia, but it's beenpretty well shot-up and cast-netted out for years. Still some nice stringers to be had out there.

Only problem right now is access from the bank. SRA has got the whole north end of the park shut down... they are converting the whole park to pay/reservation picnic sites. If you've got a boat, you can scoot in, get out and walk the bank, I wuz told.

Plenty of Tilapia layed-up in those reed beds, good eating too.

Never tried Braunig, but my cousin says you need a boat to hunt Braunig. Bank shooting works fine at Calaveras, but the north end of the park is the best place to go and whack 'em.

Other than that I don't know much abt San 'tone bowfishing. I'm from Williamson Co. myself. I know that there used to be metric buttloads of Tilapia in and around the zoo.

Hadn't been to that zoo in decades, they had a cow African elephant chained to a post... made my guts ache to look at that poor creature.

Zoos suck out-loud!

BP
Old 06-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Don't guess they'll let you patrol the river walk looking for fish, will they? Wish I could help you out but all my bowfishing has been in the waters up here around D/FW. Lots of gar in the Trinity River.

Art, I was always afraid to get mugged at the Trinity, especially in Dallas.!!!