Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing
 Bowhunting Gator >

Bowhunting Gator

Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

Bowhunting Gator

Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bowhunting Gator

I'm up here in Santa Rosa County. You guys have way more gators than us down south of here. We also have a state licensed trapper in our area that had already taken over a 100 gatorsthis year the last time I heard and that was early July. That's a lot of gators for us to lose.

Did you guys see the one that was killed in Eufala Alabama last week. 12' 8" 560lbs.Theres an article on Al.com under the outdoors section today.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Spike

Can you post the full website where that story is> I'd like to read it. Thanx, cajun
Old 09-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Default gator

Still trying to get those pics up, HELP!!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: #1 cajun

Can you post the full website where that story is> I'd like to read it. Thanx, cajun
Here you go. If you look around there are a few pics of him out there. They had one on the al.com front page this morning but I can't find it now.
http://www.al.com/outdoors/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1188722772211350.xml&coll=2

Old 09-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Spike

Thanx, I appreciate the help. Cajun
Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a couple of gators I killed in Louisiana earlier this month:

Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Spike

Thats some nice pics and nice lizards. Congrats on your success. Some of the folks that I provide equipment to have taken some really nice ones this year too. The biggest so far was a 12'7" and alittle over 600 lbs. I'll see if I can find the pic of it.Thanx for the posting. #1 cajun
Old 09-29-2007, 05:40 AM

Hey Buster, that's a good'un. I see you dont have a reel on your bow or arestraining line in the gator. How do they do it in La.? Do they set hooks or what? I also see a blood spot between big boys eyes. I know my .44 mag bangstick won't penetrate the skull of a big one, I bang 'em right behind the back edge of the skull angling forward.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:51 AM

H.O.,hope you're not running the buzz boat in Apalach, Franklin County has an ordinance that makes it illegal, thank God.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dragonslayer1

Hey Buster, that's a good'un. I see you dont have a reel on your bow or arestraining line in the gator. How do they do it in La.? Do they set hooks or what? I also see a blood spot between big boys eyes. I know my .44 mag bangstick won't penetrate the skull of a big one, I bang 'em right behind the back edge of the skull angling forward.
We caught them both on bait lines...............not exactly how I wanted to do it, but because of how dirty the water is with duck weed , pretty much our only option. I did put a float into both gators,just incase the set line would have broke, with the smaller one there was really no need, we got him on land and i put two through the lungs, then got him taped and he was done.........the big guy had 1 fish arrow and 3 carbon express tipped with hellrazor heads in him,(one passed completely through) never could subdue him enough to get him taped and my guide was worried he might bust the line, so i reluctantly opted to shoot him with his 9mm (better safe than sorry) If you watch the video clip i posted, you will see all of the arrows were right behind the head and should have clipped the spine, but i guess i was off just enough it didn't incapacitate him..............If i ever do it again, I want to go to an area where i can do it without the set lines and only with the bow.

here's the vid clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJm71llRg3g

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Gator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.