Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

night shooting

Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Default night shooting

we bowfish carp in a shallow marsh where the water tends to be pretty cloudy. we dont have problems seeing fish during the day, but shooting at night is whole different story. we've tried head lights, mag lights, but they dont seem to be bright enough.we've also triedthose 1 million candlepower spots, but they run out of battery too fast. any ideas would be helpful
Old 01-30-2007, 10:38 AM

Default RE: night shooting

Slammer,
I use the brinkman 1 million cp spot lights. Don't use cordless one. Use the ones with the cig lighter adaptor just cut it off and crip on a couple of ends that have big enough loops to fit a car battery terminal. I've had the same 2 for at least 5 years and have never had any problems. they will really cut thru the murky water well.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:13 PM

Default RE: night shooting

thanks alot spanker!