Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Thompson/Center Service = Superb! >

Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Old 01-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Folks,
Here is a classic example of Thompson/Center's commitment to excellent service.
I have owned T/C ML's for years starting with my first Hawken back in the 70's and several other T/C's since.
This past fall, I purchased a T/C Omega 50cal Blue/Black. I harvested five deer with the Omega this past season.

During one hunt early in December of 04, I noticed that the front thimble that holds the ram rod was loose. When I attempted to tighten it, the threads stripped out. I removed the thimble, placed it in my pocket, removed the ram rod and continue to hunt. Later that evening, I discovered that the thimble was not in my pocket. I must have dropped it in the field while trying to find my pocket. When cleaning the Omega that night, I also noticed the shoulder pad was a little loose, when trying to tighten the screws, I noticed that one was stripped out.

I decided to continue to hunt with the Omega for the rest of the month harvesting three more deer.
After Christmas, I called T/C service to discuss what had happened and to arrange to return the Omega for repair. I wrote a letter about what had happened and also asked if they could lighten the trigger a bit as it was firing at almost 5 pounds and included this with the rifle and shipped it to T/C on 12/30/04.

I just got the Omega last night 01/20/05 and T/C had shipped me a new test fired (less than 1" @ 50 yards with two pyrodex pellets and 250gr shockwaves) barrel, stock and threw in a trigger job that breaks crisp at 3 pounds with no creep. They also threw in another operations manual.

This is a very typical example of Thompson/Center's excellent service. Superb! I've never had an issue with T/C in over 28 years and they are without a doubt one of the finest companies (Firearm manufacturer or otherwise) I've ever dealt with.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Thats nice to know, I just picked up a new Omega last week.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Like you, I am an avid Thompson Center owner. Last count was five of their rifles. I have called their customer service for advise or help also written them. They have always answered and taken the time to correct anything that was not right.

I have had to send a rifle back twice. Once the stock cracked in a hunting accident on one of my Renegades. The result was a new stock. Another time I sent in a flintlock which had the old style hammer and frizzen, and they updated the rifle.

Just the other day a friend was looking for a muzzleloader for his son and asked for my recommendation. My first advise was, tell the boy to save a little more and get a T/C Hawkins of Renegade as his first rifle.. It will last him a life time, shoot excellent and be one he can pass on to his kids...

When you purchase a rifle, always take into consideration their customer service department and how well they stand behind their products. Even the best of things will break once in a while. It is nice to know they will be fixed, usually free of cost.....
Old 01-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Hate to rain on the parade, but...

I had a scope base hole strip out on a brand new Omega last year. Called and talked to a T/C service guy (guy #1) he said sent it in, we’ll fix it right away. So I do. Three weeks later I call T/C and talk to a different service guy (guy #2), he says my gun won’t be fixed for another four weeks. Hmmm... guy # 1 said you’d fix it right away. Guy # 2 says I don’t know who you talked to but all returned guns get in line. Hmmm... let me talk to your boss. Boss says we’ll get your gun fixed and out in the next couple days. Excellent. An Omega barrel assembly shows up shows up a week later, everything looks good until I see there’s no trigger. The trigger was broken off. No broken off trigger in the box, so the barrel assembly was shipped from the T/C with a broken off trigger. Hmmm... looks to me like T/C service guy grabbed a previously returned barrel assembly (one with a broken trigger) and shipped it to me.

Back on the phone to talk to T/C service Boss, more shipping charges and another 10 days and I have a serviceable, fully functioning Omega barrel assembly.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:55 PM

I haven't had a problem with mine, but have a couple of friends that had questions about accuracy and called and talked to techs and every thing was great. They only had good things to say about Thompson.

swatts
Old 01-21-2005, 07:45 PM

".....................Thompson/Center's excellent service. Superb! I've never had an issue with T/C in over 28 years and they are without a doubt one of the finest companies (Firearm manufacturer or otherwise) I've ever dealt with.

Been with TC Arms for 15 years now, have a houseful of TC percussions and flintlocks...have used their service several times over the years...ie: a split stock, a defective barrel, and some old style unreliable flint lock assemblies...took care of every need I've ever had 100%...their life time service policy is second to none.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel Ya' Tahquamenon! Been there - Done that. T/C has the best firearms warranty in the entire industry period exclamation-point

I'll tell you what thou! It hasn't been my ML day like it's been for you. I was about to get delivery of another GM barrel for another T/C Renegade stock assembly I have. Track Of The Wolf just called me to let me know they are out of stock of the 50-cal 1-28" twist one I wanted. Maybe months b/4 they get another.

Also... Grafs & Sons just called me too about my Swiss Blackpowder order. I had to cancel it because Grafs wanted to add a 2nd HAZMAT fee ($40 total) because I ordered RWS Dynamit Nobel #1075 caps with the order. I was not aware that real black & caps have to shipped separately. All my Swiss testing may not happen now because if I must pay $20 a pound for powder, then I'll just stick with 777.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have also always had excellent service from TC. They have replaced parts for free that I lost through carelessness and which I full expected to pay for when I called them. I currently have four TC firearms.

Roundball, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for TC?
Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

I have also always had excellent service from TC. They have replaced parts for free that I lost through carelessness and which I full expected to pay for when I called them. I currently have four TC firearms.

Roundball, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for TC?

Sorry...no affilitation with T/C Arms what-so-ever...I don't do a thing in the world that everybody on this board (or in the country, world, etc) can't do. I buy their rifles, I buy their products to use in/with those rifles, I use them exactly as advertised, I use their lifetime warranty when I need to, I shoot targets on Saturdays year round, shoot deer in the fall...that's it...I retired from one company after 30 years, working with another company for 10 years now.

I've used T/C Arms rifles and products for 15+ years, have come to know a couple people there (over the phone) and believe in establishing relationships with a couple of contacts like that, so I always ask for them.

They're just people like you and me and they appreciate a compliment for a job well done occasionally...doesn't take much effort to pop off a "thank you memo" to their boss if they've done something really good, etc...I've always had good service from them, so I show my appreciation, give them good word-of-mouth advertising...would do it for any company.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Roundball makes a good point by sending a "thank you" note or some sort of awknowledgement for great service.

I sent the T/C Service team a thank you card last week.

Quick Reply: Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.