Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Help

Old 12-24-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Knight Help

Hey guys, want to say I really like this forum and also have a question.
I bought my son a Knight .50 cal inline. It was bought new with no manual, never been loaded, uses the #11 cap. I bought the sabots, powder pellets, bullet starter, capper and extension for the ramrod. I know very little about muzzleloaders. I noticed at the rear of what I would call the bolt you can turn a knob in and out to get the end near or farther away from where the cap goes, also there is a red line that appears when you turn it, how do you adjust this or what is it for? Does anyone know how to find out what model it is using the numbers on it or where I can get a manual?
Sorry for all the questions, but he will want to shoot it tommorrow and I want to be safe with it. I am experienced with firearms, just not muzzleloaders.

Thanks Mike
Old 12-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Knight Help

If it has a 22" barrel, lookon it and see if it does not read LK-II. If it does it is a Knight Wolverine II LK-93. The rifle has a 1:28 twist Green Mountian Barrel. The knob on the back is a second safety on the rifle. In order to fire the rifle, besides the side safety being in the fire position, you must unscrew that knob as far back as it will go. On mine just showing red will still not fire it. Screw that know all the way to the back and it will fire off the primer.

You might give Knight Rifles a call and see if they will not send you a manual for the rifle. That is a great shooting rifle. Load about 80 grains of FFFg powder and a 240 grain T/C Mag Express XTP or 250 grain Barnes Expander and the accuracy will amaze you.

If that is the rifle in question and you need any other questions answered, feel free to PM me. I'd be more then glad to answer any questions about the rifle for you...
Old 12-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

What your talking about is your 2nd safty. On the right side you have your regualr type safty, and the part your talking about works like this.

1st make sure the gun is unloaded
2nd pull back that hammer, you should hear a "CLICK"
3rd spin the end so that the red is showing, the red means it ready to fire
but with a knight you have to have the side safty in the red, now shes 100% ready to fire
Also call Knight, tell them the model and you need a owners manual

KNIGHT 641.856.2626
Old 12-24-2004, 01:15 PM

Thanks, I'll look and see what the numbers are. I didn't want to unscrew it too much, was scared it would come off, that was my main concern. I know the basics but not allot of the mechanics of it. Bought it for 100 dollars from a guy who never loaded it. Son wanted a muzzleloader so now he'll have one.

Thanks again
Mike
Old 12-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

At $100 you got a bargain if it's a Woverine. I gave twice that for mine and it's a good shooter, very accurate and I like the plunger safety feature as well as the trigger safety. You can unscrew the knurled knob on the plunger until it stops. It has a screw in the end that keeps it from unscrewing all the way out.