Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight or TC

Old 08-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Knight or TC

I've always been a Knight customer, but have been contemplating my next purchase.
Here's what I'm leaning towards, any input???

Knight -Shadow or KP1
OR
TC -Triumph or Encore
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Knight or TC

Well you can not go wrong they are all quality guns, If I was going to be using Black Horn and sabots I would go with the Triumph , I am thrilled with mine. If I was living in one of those states with weired laws and I had to us iron sights and lead bullets without sabots or plastic I would go with the KP1. I can get conicals to shoot in the Omega or the Triumph but it takes fooling around with wads and corn meal except for the new FPB from Hornady with has shot some minute of angle groups for me. Lee
Old 08-13-2008, 02:38 PM

AS both are super companys , I belive I would have to go with the TC Triumph or the Knight KP1.
If you are planning on shooting the new BH209 I would Deff. go with the Triumph first.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have used 777 pellets for several years and haven't had thechance to try Black Horn powder. I gather it's in grain form, does it burn cleaner and how does it compare in price, performance, and availablity?

I just wish there was more feedback on the new Knights, the Triumph is right in the middle of the two in price...anyone have a 3-headed coin???
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM

Beast44k

Yes it is in loose powder form. I have not shot any yet but those that have swear by it now , much cleaner burn , there is alot of RR and other feedback on.
www.modernmuzzleloader.com

Old 08-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

Well you can not go wrong they are all quality guns,
+1
Old 08-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Black Horn is very clean it works bestif you do NOT swab between shots it is higher velocity for the same volume and it is non-corrosive, it is also expensive 777 pellets are the only one higher, I have shot 4 cans of it now and believe its worth it to me. Lee
Old 08-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have owned both the KP1 and now the Triumph and I can tell you the Triumph is leaps and bounds better than the KP1. Combine a Triumph with a can of BH and you will soon be shooting sub MOA groups!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:28 PM

i'll answer for UC,

Git the cva accura!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

It sound like you had the feild narrowed domn to high quality guns let us know what you decied. Lee

Quick Reply: Knight or TC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.