Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Revolution

Old 12-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Spike

Default Knight Revolution

Does anyone own or have shot the new Knight Revolution? I have read several reviews regarding substantial blowback. I can get a good deal on a stainless Revolution but I want to save what eyesight I have left.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knight Revolution

Im a Knight fan, but I didnt care for the Revolution when I handled it at my local gun shop. I just pick up a Knight Extreme from Natchez, should be here by Friday
Old 12-22-2004, 07:08 PM

Check this out, it may change your mind on the Revolution....

Knight Revolution Review

If I were you, I'd get the Disc Elite if you can use a scope where you live. You rarely ever hear anything bad about them, plus there are some good buys on them out there lately! If you can't use a scope and still want a Knight, then the next best thing would be a Disc Extreme. Good luck!
Old 12-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Spike

Thanks MOTurkeyTamer. That was just the kind of review I was looking for. The only other reviews I could find were just a couple of sentences from three owners of the "new" Revolution who all three complained about substantial blowback into their eyes. One guy said he saw the sparks and it felt like he had been "poked in the eye with a stick". I even emailed Knight and got a reply from customer service who said there were some blowback issues in the first run of guns but they had redesigned the breech and that had seemed to help the situation. The review you sent me didn't really address any blowback so maybe they have tamed it somewhat. But the article did address a lot of other factors. I have had the advantage of holding a Revolution since I posted this question and Wakeman is right on about everything else. It is heavy, plus front heavy, short stock, and the bottom release almost does take two hands to operate. I can now see why there would be blowback from this gun due to a gap after the gun is loaded with the primer. The gun does look good but I am not impressed with it at all. Now I see why I could have gotten a good deal on one. The Revolutions were selling higher than the T/C Omega's but now their prices are dropping while T/C's aren't. Plus Knight is now offering a $50.00 rebate on some of their rifles. Guess they got a lot of Revolutions to sell. But not to me.
Old 12-24-2004, 05:27 PM

Here are Randy Wakeman's reviews on what I personally think are two of the best in-line rifles out there right now. You'll not go wrong with either of these if you are considering buying a new inline ML.

Knight Disc Elite Review

T/C Omega Review