Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 New Frontier Muzzloading >

New Frontier Muzzloading

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Frontier Muzzloading

Old 12-08-2004, 07:53 AM

Default New Frontier Muzzloading

I was wondering who has heard of this company and how reputable their lineup is? I was looking at the Beartooh Magnum model found in Cabelas and Bass Pro. I currently own a .50 Cal. T/C Hawken and love this rifle but was looking for a lower cost inline. I was wondering who has the best buy for the buck. I have seen these New Frontier models from around $119 at Bass Pro to $149 With a scope at Cabelas. Let me know your thoughts on the lineup.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Frontier Muzzloading

Can't help with this one but I can tell you to stay away from The Traditions Pursuit LT at least until they straighten out their trigger problems. Mine has a trigger so bad that three shots would make my finger so sore I had to stop shooting. I did my own trigger job and it is now a fair trigger but the job is not real easy.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jaragon

This rifle below is American-made with a wood stock. Accuracy & warranty reports on it have been very good. This is a "Best Buy" right now at $159. Also sold at Cabelas too!

New England Firearms Sidekick 50
Old 12-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

do you need some kind of plastic disc to put the primer in with the sidekick? i sold my disc rifle because of this extra step.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

They call it a "reusable carrier". I don't know why they do this. Even though the Traditions Pursuit came with a terrible trigger they at least do not use the extra piece to hold the primer. It just fits in the removable breechplug just like in the T/C Omega. No carrier, no plastic thingy, no problems. It is also possible to make the conversion on either the Omega or the Pursuit to the .25ACP rifle primer.