Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Encore Whitetail Extreme >

T/C Encore Whitetail Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Encore Whitetail Extreme

Old 11-25-2004, 07:44 AM

Default T/C Encore Whitetail Extreme

I stopped at one of my favorite hunting/fishing stores on the way up to deer camp last week to get my son a pellet gun for his birthday and I noticed a very unusual looking Encore behind the counter. When I asked the salesman to show me the gun he indicated it was a limited edition "Whitetail Extreme" silver edition of which only 200 were made. This was last years model - a guy had put it on layway and then never been able to come up with the rest of the cash so it went back on the sales floor. The stock is laminated grey, pepper, and rosewood and the receiver is engraved with a whitetail scene on one side and fancy scrolling on the other side. I was already convinced to pick up an Encore, but had resigned myself to waiting until summer - until I saw this model. I couldn't pass this one up as it was so unique and I knew it wouldn't wait around until next summer.

I have never heard anyone talk about these models - I didn't even know they existed. My question is does anyone know if Thompson Center makes additional forends in other calibers for these that match the stock? I am thinking about picking up a .243 barrel for the gun so my son can use it when he is old enough to deer hunt (single shot, low recoil, heavier gun seems like a good set-up for young kid). I looked on Thompsons web site and I don't see anything about these guns, much less replacement stocks. Since they apparently change these stocks on the limited edition model each year my guess is that it won't be particularly easy to find one if I wait very long. Any leads of where to look would be appreciated (Google didn't yield anything).

Even if I can't find the .243 barrel I have one sweet looking .50 cal muzzleloader. Now I just have go buy all the other stuff to go with it - my wallet is in serious pain.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:57 AM

Default RE: T/C Encore Whitetail Extreme

I would give T/C a call at 603-332-2333. They should be able to answer all your questions. They have been very helpful to me when I've called them a couple of times. Good luck!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is very likely a BOYD's stock and they will have most any forearm you might need to match. EABCO also carries their stocks.

Sounds like a beautiful rifle, congrats.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:14 AM

I went out yesterday morning and sighted in the rifle and got it to group pretty good right out of the gate with 240grain Dead Centers and 100gr of Black Mag3. I decided to give it a wing over at my buddy's house as we had gotten the first snow of the year and we had eaten Thanksgiving dinner early at the inlaws. 45 minutes after I set up a nice 8 pointer came out and I dropped him in his tracks. This is the only time I've ever gone from boxed rifle to meat on the buck pole in 6 hours. How's that for something to be thankful for? I knew I shouldn't pass this gun up when I saw it!
Old 11-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, that aint all bad! Congrats!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Typical Buck

I've heard of that rifle but haven't seen one yet. Got a pic of it you could post? If so, I'd like to see it. And congrats on the buck!!

Carter
Old 12-01-2004, 05:51 AM

For some reason I can't post a picture to this forum no matter how small I make it (it's well under the 100Kb limit) or what format I save it in. I'll try to e-mail it directly to you.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Daniel, got the pics. Thats a great looking Encore and I'll agree with you, the rosewood looks better than any other laminates I've seen. Thanks for the pics.

Carter