Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

Imperial Whitetail Extreme!

Old 09-08-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Imperial Whitetail Extreme!

Has anybody planted Imperial Whitetail Extreme! I planted a bag in one of my food plots (I mixed it with BioLogic Green Patch Plus, and Evolved Habitats ProGraze).

The thing that we have noticed after a week and a half is that the BioLogic and Evolved Habitats is comming up (even with a lack of rain until today), while the Imperial Whitetail Extreme hasn't sprouted at all. The BioLogic and Evolved Habitats are already 2"-3" tall now!

The Extreme is supposed to be pH tolerant to 5.4, drought resistant, and one of the most hearty plants. Is it just a slow growing plot?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Imperial Whitetail Extreme!

Buckmagnet, I bet the Extreme is coming up. Both Prograze and Extreme both contain clover and chicory. The chicory may pop up a little later because it has a longer root to establish first. The green patch plus is always a good over blend and will last well into winter, as seen by experience of planting it in a bean field, last fall.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I planted extreme on the lower half of this field. It is coming up good. This picture is after 7 days.

I know it is hard to see but the light green on the right side of the pic is the extreme. I didn't get any pictures this past weekend. Saturday it will be 3 weeks. I may go out on Sunday and if I do I will get another pic up close for you.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I planted some and everything else grew alot quicker and taller. Mine was planted in the spring and we've had good rain. Its all maybe 4 to 5 inches high.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my extreme on sept. 12. This is just in 22 days. I can't wait to see what the deer think about it next spring.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:54 PM
tda

what is in the whitetail extreme?
Old 09-14-2004, 08:08 AM

Magnet,

I planted three fields this year. One in Imperial Clover, one in biologic and one in Extreme. The Biologic and the Clover came up a week before the Extreme. I think it just takes it longer to germinate. It looks real good now though. Just may take some time. Took about 2 weeks before we saw anything.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

The extreme, like most perrenials, is pretty slow-growing compared to grains and brassicas. I mixed mine with clover and I've found it's pretty even in growth with the clover, with the chicory being a little faster. Basically, the brassica should be the tallest, then the chicory, then the clover or Extreme.

Mine was mixed with oats and a little rye, with the oats and rye being what I expect the deer to consumer during the fall, and the oats freezing out and dying during the winter, leaving the extreme and clover to take off in the spring. So far, so good, but it is pretty slow.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Buck Magnet be patient. You can't compare the early growth on perennials to annuals. My Extreme was planted in the spring and was slow to establish but during a 4 week drought late this summer it was still growing great. Almost everything else I had planted was dead. I got CamTrakker photos and the deer were in it all day.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:11 AM
Fork Horn

Nice field.