Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T\C Encore shooting high >

T\C Encore shooting high

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T\C Encore shooting high

Old 10-15-2004, 07:09 AM

Default T\C Encore shooting high

I'de like to ask your guys opinion on something, I recently bought a T\C 209x50 encore for the fast apporaching deer season. It groups great at 50 yards buy I'm having some trouble, the gun conistantly groups about 2' to 2.5' high and there is no more adjustment on the iron sight. Right now my load is 100 grains american pioneer powder in stick for with 180 grain Mag Sabots. Is this normal for the gun to shoot this high or is the sight maybe in need of some work? Thanks in advice.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T\C Encore shooting high

My understanding is Thompson Center has some wrong size sights put on the wrong rifle. Perhaps this is one of those cases. I would suggest calling Thompson Center Arms and telling them of your problem. They will probably correct the rifle with a new sight. There is nothing to putting them on. And you will be good to go in a matter of minutes... Good luck
Old 10-15-2004, 06:54 PM

I think that cayugad's right. Call T/C customer service and they'll send you another sight in a day or two. That's your best bet.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:59 PM

Thanks guys for the advice. My friend said pretty much the same thing, so three experienced guys tell me its a sight problem means I'll call T/C on Monday. My dad is a see it to believe it sort, so I'm driving across the state so he can shoot the rifle, oh well, he gets his grins that way.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Encore may have an adjustable front sight that needs to be shifted rearward. I'm not real sure but your new rifle manual may describe your Encore as having adjustable sights ... as in plural... meaning two.

Hopefully, an Encore owner will chime in here with the correct answer because I'm leaning towards you already having the correct lower front sight since you're shooting too high instead of too low.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:47 AM

The Encore's front site is fixed- at least mine is anyway. There's no adjustment possible on the front site. Flying Ferris, if you want to lower your POI you'll need a taller front site to make that happen.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:02 AM

Well the T/C gunsmith called back to day and asked me to measure my front sight, said it was the short one and would send out taller front sights for me to try. Really like their customer service. Thanks for the help guys.