Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

White Rifles

Old 08-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default White Rifles

I wish they would just hurry up and say they are out of business. I have been waiting for 9 months on one of their 45 cal Odysseys and still don't have it. A friend of mine talked to a rep about month ago and said he was doubtful about us getting any 45's cause they can't get the barrels. I think what has happened is that when White first went bankrupt then changed to spitfire MTI, then back to white they had to pick up the bills from the first bankrupcy since they used that name. He never really said why he can't get the barrels or if he ever will. I think Whites are near the top of the line but if they want to beat around the bush then I'll take my money and get me a 3rd gonic. Its a shame to the Odyssey, IMO, is the prettiest muzzleloader ever built. Here's a pic of it .

http://whiterifles.com/store/moreinf...TOKEN=94630492

Well if anybody hears anything let me know so I can go ahead and get my money back from the dealer or just let him hold on to it until until the gun arrives.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:46 AM

Default RE: White Rifles

It sounds like they declared bankruptcy at least once, maybe twice before. In this situation, I would have been reluctant to give them any money before I saw the finished product. Pull out now, get your money back, and tell them to call if the bbl's show. If they go bankrupt again, I belive they don't have to give you your money back, at least not anytime soon. But your right, it is a pretty gun. But I just saw yesterday in blackpowder guns and hunting magazine, a new rifle that looks like it is based on the Remington 700, that holds 200 grains of pyrodex, and they claim will kill larger animals oput to 400 yards. You might want to check that one out?
Old 08-16-2004, 10:32 AM

White Rifles have not manufactured any guns in the last year or so. The guns they are currently selling are "parts guns" made up of whatever they can find. Many do not go bang when you pull the trigger and some do not even function properly. They have went under a couple times. To my knowledge, this is the third attempt at keeping White going.

If your going to buy a muzzleloader, buy one from a company that has a good track record of staying in buisiness. To me this eliminates White, Remington, and CVA (parent company BPI which also owns Winchester Muzzleloading) as viable choices. White has been out of buisness, Remington has left the ML buisness and CVA also went out of buisiness and was bought out by BPI. I'm not fond of Traditions either, but as far as I know they have not went under.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remington has left the ML buisness
Wolf is this something new or recent? I can't find anything, plus stores here and Rems website are still advertising the 700ML offering.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everyone for the info. Fortunately I haven't gave White any money just the dealer who is a relative of mine so I want have any problems getting my money back. Its really a shame though, they did have a great product as I have shot and seen people shoot alot of the white products since they opened business in the early 90's and I must say that not one of them as been a bad shooter and thats shooting about 27 different guns of theirs. I'll give them about another month and if they don't have it by then I'll just cancel my order and get me a sako 75 hunter in 7mm-08 (been wanting one of those for a while anyways). Again, thanks for the info and hopefully I'll be looking at my new muzzleloader within a month.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

x-disk hunter. I believe the company you are talking about is Ultimate Firearms. They do have a similiar gun but as of late there website hasn't been working so they're prob. out of business also. Toby over at www.hpmuzzleloading.com doesn't think to highly of them. They are real new in the business so I don't think I would deal with them.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM
Wolf is this something new or recent? I can't find anything, plus stores here and Rems website are still advertising the 700ML offering.
Recent. They are no longer manufacturing them. It's second hand information, but I trust the source.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt a month is going to make one iota of difference on those barrels. Most barrel makers like to be paid. I would contact Doc himself and see what HE can do individually - if you are set on an Odyssey.

That company could do well if they would just stick to proven models, guarantee delivered quality, and stop trying to play champagne manufacturer on a cheap beer budget.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wolf not questioning you just wondering where you saw or heard it. Like I said they are selling them in my area as 2004 offerings and rems website still lists them. I sent an email to remington, if I hear back I will post the information.

I own a 700MLS[:'(] If ture, I now of where a 700MLS will be forsale in short order[]
Old 08-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Follow up reply I received from Bill at Remington in regards to the ML700 status. FYI, I asked if it was being discontinued, if so any replacement product slated and support for in the field ML700's (after last production run)?

Thank you for contacting Remington Arms. We have no plans to discontinue our Muzzle Loader line. The 700 ML is a reliable and popular ML in the market. We pride ourselves in our product support and will continue to provide parts, service, support, and rifles to our consumers.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a great weekend!

Sincerely.

Bill/Customer Support

Quick Reply: White Rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.