Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ruger Old Army

Old 05-07-2004, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ruger Old Army

Looking for a Ruger Old Army, preferably with 7 1/2 inch barrel, with rear adjustable site. Anybody got one for sell.

dog1
Old 05-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Old Army

Dog1 , I would suggest watching the classified ads on many of these sites.
www.gunsamerica.com is bound to have one. Since it's BP gun they can ship it directly to you.No need for a dealer to transfer it.That will save you some money right there . I might suggest another site that could possibly have one in the classified ads section. www.rugerforum.com
The Ruger OA's are nice BP guns.I never tried one with the fixed sights.I prefer the S/S adjustable sighted model and the longer barrel.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Ruger-Redhawk,

Thanks for your reply and web sites, I'll be checking them out. The Sports Center in Perry has a new one, but hopeing to be that price, if possible.

On another note, I've noticed from some of your post that you are also from GA. Have you ever heard of Jerrys' Sport Shop in Ambrose, they have good prices. Their ph #: (area code may have changed) 912 0r 229-359-3241. I've bought a lot of stuff from them.

dog1
Old 05-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dog1

Ruger-Redhawk,

On another note, I've noticed from some of your post that you are also from GA. Have you ever heard of Jerrys' Sport Shop in Ambrose, they have good prices. Their ph #: (area code may have changed) 912 0r 229-359-3241. I've bought a lot of stuff from them.

dog1
Hi Dog1, No I don't live in Georgia,I'm located in North Florida.A few of us lease property not to far from Waycross GA.That's apparently why you thought I lived there. I would love to move to North Ga but hearing how the economy is in that area I better say where I'm at for now.I've never heard of Jerry's Sports Shop. I've heard of Ambrose but haven't a clue where it's at.Last year I went to Buck-a-rama in Perry.I'll be there again this year.There is another site I'll email you. Most of the guys live in GA.They could give you more GA information then I can I'm sure.
Ruger Redhawk