Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Accura V2

Old 09-09-2021, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default CVA Accura V2

I took the Accura out today after swapping out scopes. I initially shot at 25 yards to get me close. The target below was then shot at 100 yards. My first shot was the one at 6 O'clock and 3" low. Made an adjustment and fired the next 3. I swabbed between shots with a wet patch, both sides then a dry patch. Load was 80 gr of Alliant Black MZ and a 44 cal Hornady XTP 300 gr in a green Harvester CR sabot. To say I was happy would be an understatement. Group was .955" C-C. Just for giggles I had a gentleman at the range watch the 200 yard gong for me and I held midway between the crosshair and point of the duplex reticle and he said I hit just under the gong. I reloaded and put the point of the duplex on the gong and connected solidly. Not that I'd get a shot that far but at least now I know where to hold if I do.
Just an observation but I found the Black MZ to be cleaner than the BH209 powder. After swabbing with the wet patch both sides, the dry patch came out almost clean. This doesn't happen with BH209 from my experience.
Attached Thumbnails CVA Accura V2-cva-accura-sept-2021.jpg  

Last edited by bronko22000; 09-09-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I took the Accura out today after swapping out scopes. I initially shot at 25 yards to get me close. The target below was then shot at 100 yards. My first shot was the one at 6 O'clock and 3" low. Made an adjustment and fired the next 3. I swabbed between shots with a wet patch, both sides then a dry patch. Load was 80 gr of Alliant Black MZ and a 44 cal Hornady XTP 300 gr in a green Harvester CR sabot. To say I was happy would be an understatement. Group was .955" C-C. Just for giggles I had a gentleman at the range watch the 200 yard gong for me and I held midway between the crosshair and point of the duplex reticle and he said I hit just under the gong. I reloaded and put the point of the duplex on the gong and connected solidly. Not that I'd get a shot that far but at least now I know where to hold if I do.
Just an observation but I found the Black MZ to be cleaner than the BH209 powder. After swabbing with the wet patch both sides, the dry patch came out almost clean. This doesn't happen with BH209 from my experience.
WOW! Nice job... like they used to say on the TV show 'love it when a plan comes together!

Old 09-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sabotloader
WOW! Nice job... like they used to say on the TV show 'love it when a plan comes together!
thanks Buddy. I know from past experience this load was the most accurate out of this rifle. Makes me wonder why I even purchased the Remington and the Knight!
I'm going to try the Black MZ in those to see if I get similar results.