Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

There are a couple of guys on here that will bash CVA any chance they get... yes BASH! It's the exact definition given by JW. I happen to love the CVA Accura and Power Belt Bullets... they just plain work for me where it counts, in the field.

I have also said a thousand times,,, If you don't like CVA or Power Belts,,, if you don't like Knight or TC,,, keep it to yourself. You shoot what you like, I'll shoot what I like. There are too many "experts" on here that want to force their thoughts on others... If a person comes on here and says " I like to use TC muzzleloaders and Hornady bullets" do not tell that person that their set up is crap and they should be using what you say because you are a bullet expert.

Bottom line is there are a couple or three bullies on here that need to be checked.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

I Thought this thread was finished
I thought that brand bashing had been explained to me.
Evidently I did not correctly understand the definition.
Sounds to me that some people, without reason, are still bashing CVA a brand, even after they also read the rules I read. Without any intervention.
Maybe it is just me, but is it possible to have double standards related to brand bashing? Maybe even people?
I don't think I will have to waste much time thinking on this one.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good, then stop doing it!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, sounds like you maybe trying to stir a pot of old dish water!!! Like he said drop it.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rafsob
Yeah, sounds like you maybe trying to stir a pot of old dish water!!! Like he said drop it.
I don't know about you but it doesn't sound like anyone dropping anything! I haven't stirred anything yet just observing.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow 6 pages on a thread to get a definition! Sounds to me like there's more than that going on here and it seems instead of a definition there are opinions flying AGAIN!
Old 01-07-2018, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by lemoyne
Somebody describe to me what an agitator is and if it is against the rules here.
This was looking for an answer from a moderator, it does not look like I am going to get one.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Truth is not bashing. It's a very well known fact that CVA uses inferior steels...
Originally Posted by ram2
Based on your background in metallurgical engineering, tell us exactly what steels CVA should be using and what steels CVA is currently using.
The answer to half of your question is available on the CVA webpage. All CVA barrels are now made from the same high-grade 416 stainless stock, all made in the same Bergara factory, on the same Bergara machinery.

If Bergara barrels are what some consider to be "inferior steels", then I guess I'm ok with inferior.

As I pointed out before, some folks are clinging on to the CVA barrel issues from 20 years ago before BPI bought Bergara.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

As I pointed out before, some folks are clinging on to the CVA barrel issues from 20 years ago before BPI bought Bergara.
BPI never bought Bergara. Dikar S Coop owns Bergara, BPI, CVA and others.

http://www.dikar.es/en/#nuestras_marcas
Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
BPI never bought Bergara. Dikar S Coop owns Bergara, BPI, CVA and others.

http://www.dikar.es/en/#nuestras_marcas

BPI is the American entity of Dikar. They are one in the same. BPI/Dikar did in fact buy/create Bergara. They took an existing barrel maker and retooled it to modern standards under the guidance of Ed Shilen of Shilen Rifles, who engineered the current manufacturing methods of Bergara.

http://www.bpioutdoors.com/

http://www.bpioutdoors.com/BPI-History.php

BPI Outdoors is the parent company of several highly successful product brands in the hunting & shooting industry, including CVA® muzzleloading and center-fire guns and accessories, POWERBELT® muzzleloading bullets and accessories, QUAKE® hunting & shooting accessories, DURASIGHT™ scope mounts, BERGARA™ barrels, actions and rilfes™ and DEAD AIR ARMAMENT™ suppressors. BPI is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
BPI Outdoors was founded in 1999 and immediately acquired the CVA brand from its former owner
Bergara Barrels was established in late 2006.
Bottom line is the bad CVA barrels of years ago were manufactured by the extruded steel method. Current model CVA/Bergara barrels are now drilled and button rifled from solid stock. Previous junk vs. current high quality.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-07-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.