Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

1929 Cord L-29 Phaeton first FWD to be offered to the public in the USA.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
1929 Cord L-29 Phaeton first FWD to be offered to the public in the USA.
...and right on cue! lol

Once again, and read carefully: ^^^ that's a longitudinal engine front wheel drive, not the transverse mounted engine design used today that was borrowed from the imports to which I was referring and making a point.

My quote once again:
Consider every front-wheel drive American car being made today is based on a design "stolen" from Japanese manufacturers back in the 80's.

You guys are trying so hard to be "right", that you are completely missing whatever point is being made. High-larious stuff here.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-08-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I never said i was right about the car. I just thought it was a cool car. Austin Mini had some too.

In 1959 Austin Mini was launched by the British Motor Corporation, designed by Alec Issigonis as a response to the first 'oil crisis', the 1956 Suez Crisis, and the boom in bubble cars that followed. It was the first production front-wheel-drive car with a watercooled inline four-cylinder engine mounted transversely.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-08-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

So much for CVA.............
Old 01-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IAhuntr

Personally I'm concerned about shooting deer out to 200 yards in which a CVA happens to excel.

For a hunting rifle under $500, it can't be beat for out of the box accuracy with the Bergara made barrels.,
That’s the biggest bunch of nonsense I ever heard. Talking about a crock ......
You keep plugging your crappy CVA. You might convince newbies or the pennywise pound foolish but those with one eye and half a brain know better ....
Old 01-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well they may not be the best nor the most accurate but I'm happy with Accura V2. Every animal I've shot at with it has either dropped on the spot or only went a short distance. It has done everything I've asked of it. But then I don't shoot at game beyond 200 yards with my muzzleloader.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

So what was that about the Japanese being the inventors of the first production transverse engine front wheel drive? Wrong again there Mr. CVA shill? For one you never mentioned transverse engines. BMC was the first to produce those on a sales scale. Now, if you wish to read a little history, take a look at the Japanese auto industry and you will see that all of Japans car models were based off of a few of other countries models. The US built their car industry. Ford and GM had major plants over there. Like most everything else technological that comes from Japan, US engineers thought it up first. Same with China. Same with pretty much all Asia.

Here's a little fact for you to swallow, if your CVA products are so good, why can't you buy them in the country they are produced in? That's a question none of the CVA shills seem to be able to answer honestly. Even with the better quality Bergara barrels, they still aren't safety inspected to Spain's standards which, by the way, aren't even as strict as ours here in the US.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
That’s the biggest bunch of nonsense I ever heard. Talking about a crock ......
You keep plugging your crappy CVA. You might convince newbies or the pennywise pound foolish but those with one eye and half a brain know better ....
Yeah, that's why CVA is the market leader, because they're crappy.

Yes, I will keep plugging my crappy CVA,...with bullets. And I'll be enjoying it as it keeps punching the x-ring at 100 yards. Crappy good times.

You might not have noticed but CVA has gotten much better while other brands have fallen off in recent years.
Any idea why the easiest way to get a TC to shoot better is to throw a Begara barrel on it?
Old 01-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
Any idea why the easiest way to get a TC to shoot better is to throw a Begara barrel on it?
More nonsense : but you keep telling yourself that . You sound like a poster child for marketing brain washing
Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it
Worked for Hitler , works for CVA
Old 01-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I don’t think I am reading this wrong, there are still people bashing CVA, in a thread called “What is Brand Bashing”.
One thing I have not heard of is where all this hate comes from. It does not seem normal. The biggest thing I have heard is “it is a proven fact!” when nothing has been proven at all, just general statements. Whenever it comes to discussing some point of why CVA is better or not, there is always a change of the subject being discussed at the time.
So, I would really like to hear from you CVA haters, “What is your personal experience for hating CVA”. Was it a purchase that went wrong? Maybe a model of gun you felt cheated with. Or a Warranty that was not honored or Bad service!
Waiting paitiently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.