Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight rifles

Old 05-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Of all those who have read or responded, it appears you're the only one offended by the post, on a forum you don't own. I'd bet others found it very interesting. You can refrain from reading these/this and allow those who are interested to read/learn.

Also as pointed out, the "something a hunter can use" results haven't came out yet.

For the record (or your amusement), those custom rifles shot in the indicated match...... ARE USED for hunting too.
That's because it doesn't bother me to point it out. I'm sure others feel the same way.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
When you replace a barrel with something custom, does the gun manf. still get credit for the win even though it wasn't 100% their product?
Jon its not a manufacturers match. Has nothing to do with who or what manufacturer built the rifle. Now, will Knight take credit for its M500 winning both matches? Sure. It would work the same if a custom builder won, or someone with a White.
But the credit goes to the shooter, not the rifle or what barrel may be on the rifle.
Hope that helps....
Old 05-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
That's because it doesn't bother me to point it out. I'm sure others feel the same way.
Your opinion can be respected, but you're still the only one it appears to "bother".
Its already been pointed out these same rifles are used for hunting, and not just by me. Let it go please and read another forum.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is this your forum to tell me that?

You should read your own advice.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this your forum to tell me that?

You should read your own advice.
It is my post on this forum but, read it again. Its pretty easy to identify the word "PLEASE".
If this post bothers you so much, don't read it. Its that simple Muley. Don't turn an informational post into an argument, PLEASE.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't. I made a post and you could have left it at that. I wouldn't have added another post. It takes two to argue.

My opinion is a hunting forum should be about hunting. As simple as that. You don't have to like my opinion, but it's my opinion none the less.

btw..Please leave is still telling someone to leave.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

That wasn't my point. The average hunter is not going to build a gun like that to hunt. Of, course it will work for hunting if you already have one. Most guns will.
I didn't realize only "average" was required for being relevant or "on topic" for muzzleloader hunting and rifles.

Does the same apply to crossbows?

You flat out said they cant be used then you backpedaled.

Like you said those guns are all custom and not something a hunter can use.
I see no mention of average hunter nor do i see any mention of it in the topic description.

I do however see a bunch of rifles on the list that could easily be used for hunting IF that was a requirement on the sub forum. I also see a bunch of bullets that ARE hunting bullets.

Just a FYI but this rifle is virtually the same as 3 of the rifles in that list and well under $1000. Even Carlos sold a few of them.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-08-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

See, I went to another forum and you guys just keep going.

Hard to please, aren't you?

I'll keep it simple. What part of this thread is about hunting?
Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats simple. This topic could be very useful to someone looking for a long range ML with a proven history of accuracy at longer ranges....Not just some slogan from the advertising department.

Maybe you could relay that same question on the numerous topics in the section which have NOTHING to do about a inline muzzleloader

I will be waiting to see you post in those topics too. Start with the one about the pitbull puppy.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...-learning.html

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thing is, you keep coming back.

Check back through the last 6 pages of posts and count how many posts were strictly about hunting. This site would be completely DEAD if things other than hunting weren't discussed. Its been going on for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.