Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight rifles

Old 05-08-2017, 10:02 AM
Banned

Im sure its a load of fun. I just like Rendezvous best. A lot more activity, along with the crafts of the trade. Im not really into bp cartridge either, but that's one still holds more interest over inline shooting. I have a harder time finding accurate reloads for my 7.62x54 than I do an inline lol.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Nice to see most people are dumping sabots. You just cant compete using them. I guess everyone learns sooner or later.
Take note that all those rifles are considered "custom" and all but one is a .45cal. These are the "hot rod" shooters and classified as Master.
The IH results hadn't been posted yet this morning, where those who maybe using sabots will be shooting.

I wasn't there for medical reasons, but I'm hearing there's many new rules associated with inline shooting coming.

To Muley.......... Maybe the forum you like is listed at the top of the page, called Traditional?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Take note that all those rifles are considered "custom" and all but one is a .45cal. These are the "hot rod" shooters and classified as Master.
The IH results hadn't been posted yet this morning, where those who maybe using sabots will be shooting.

I wasn't there for medical reasons, but I'm hearing there's many new rules associated with inline shooting coming.

To Muley.......... Maybe the forum you like is listed at the top of the page, called Traditional?
What I copied was there long before the Traditional forum was started.

I have no problem with the competition shooting. Don't they have a forum for that? Like you said those guns are all custom and not something a hunter can use.

This is Huntingnet.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

It took 30 seconds to find this.

http://targetx.boardhost.com/index.php
Old 05-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I suppose this is interesting to some guys and gals. However, this is the description of this forum.

Black Powder
Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
Well golly gee gosh Sgt Carter look who has returned.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Banned

Three things you must remember while target shooting. (1) Align the sights carefully. (2) Squeeze the trigger. (3) Say how did it get over there.

that made me laugh so hard! I have days like that.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no problem with the competition shooting. Don't they have a forum for that? Like you said those guns are all custom and not something a hunter can use.

This is Huntingnet.
Oddly you are wrong. Bestill took a deer with one of his customs not long ago. I cant imagine why the Knight 500 wouldn't do just fine if you don't mind a 10lb rifle. The load they used even with a conical would easily take down pretty much anything with hooves.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is Huntingnet.
Of all those who have read or responded, it appears you're the only one offended by the post, on a forum you don't own. I'd bet others found it very interesting. You can refrain from reading these/this and allow those who are interested to read/learn.

Also as pointed out, the "something a hunter can use" results haven't came out yet.

For the record (or your amusement), those custom rifles shot in the indicated match...... ARE USED for hunting too.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Banned

When you replace a barrel with something custom, does the gun manf. still get credit for the win even though it wasn't 100% their product?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Oddly you are wrong. Bestill took a deer with one of his customs not long ago. I cant imagine why the Knight 500 wouldn't do just fine if you don't mind a 10lb rifle. The load they used even with a conical would easily take down pretty much anything with hooves.
That wasn't my point. The average hunter is not going to build a gun like that to hunt. Of, course it will work for hunting if you already have one. Most guns will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.