Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
You have to start somewhere.... >

You have to start somewhere....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

You have to start somewhere....

Old 03-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default You have to start somewhere....

Doesn't need to be here for the enjoyment of two or three people.

Last edited by BarnesAddict; 03-19-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Too many liberals that want "their" way.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

To claim the Ultimate is not a custom is hogwash. Its says so right on the UF website.

No bore riders huh?...I wonder who pushed for that rule?

Sounds like a match tailored to help UF win against off the shelf rifles that cost MUCH less.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Please order your custom muzzleloader well in advance of when you need it as we do not stock pre-made muzzleloaders. Each is custom made to order and requires individual time & attention. Thank you!

Custom order Lothar Walther barrels, McMillian Stocks and $300 muzzle brakes.
$2500-$3450

Yep nothing CUSTOM about that or the Timney trigger you added.

Made in Michigan just happens to be a complete coincidence too.

Short of a softer breech plug and a different barrel, its identical to the RU. It is not a "hot rod" rifle.
So i could drop a Rem Ultimate in a Mcmillian stock, add a Timney trigger, aftermarket barrel with a Harrells muzzle brake and they would let that fly too?....Kinda doubt that would go over very well.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-19-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Banned

Boooooring
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why would i be jealous?. I have a NULA which for me is a FAR better hunting rifle and cost less.

My Pacnor cost less and will smoke a UF in speed and FPE.

Jealous...too funny.

No matter how you slice it, the UF is a custom and so is a Cooper, NULA or even a Knight 500. None of them are even remotely "production" rifles.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-19-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Well one thing I think we can both agree on, or should is, neither you nor I have any control or say about what an association sponsoring an event decides. That's their job.

You wouldn't have competed anyway, so why did you have to make a big deal out of it? You could have just said something like, 'Good luck. Glad someone is starting an event.' and let it go at that.
Probably cause the flyer says production , no customs like a Bestill muzzy , yet the ultimate is not a production gun . Probably cause no bore riders , only sabots , that sets more conditions that obviously are there to eliminate competition. Sounds like a match organized , supported or paid for by Ultimate that eliminates anybody who might show the Ultimate up for what it is , an overpriced pellet gun . One that requires an ffl to boot
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Well there's the second. One more to go........

I'll suggest the same thing to you..... the name and number is on the sheet. Call and make yourself proud too. Ask the questions you have of those who set it up and make the rules. You two just tell them how its going to be and you won't settle for anything else. Make sure you introduce yourselves and let him know what state you're from.

My pellet gun will out shoot your pellet gun.
I dont have a pellet gun , sorry
One more to go .... who would that be?
Old 03-20-2017, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys worry way to much about the Ultimate ML. Ive used it for a second time recently. Its very old outdated technology. It has nothing on a Nula. And to be honest, on the bench the Knight Mountaineer is better. Even though i don't like the Mountaineer, on the bench its pretty darn good. As far as the association its been corrupt for a couple years now that i know of. Its all about changing the rules so Bestil (Jeff) doesn't win. They should just ask him to retire from it and let someone else win. It would be so much easier and the association wouldn't look so bad.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

This was never about hating on UF or pellets. Its just very obvious that the rules are tailored to favor a 50cal and a "hot rod" 50cal for that matter. So that leaves us with 3 main competitors when you get to cherry pick "production" standards.

You are left with UF, Cooper and Remington.

Not many 45cal shooters will opt for shooting sabots. Even the conical 45 shooters fair very well against sabot shooters in timed events. Some mighty fine scores have been shot with a SuperDISC and conicals. I can think of only 1 that has done exceptionally well with sabots and that was Jason in New Mexico at a regional event.

Considering the 300 yard event and sabot only requirement. You have to wonder why when very few true production rifles will compete well under those conditions. The rules certainly favor 1 brand in particular and its made in Michigan. I cant imagine why they would exclude full bore lead conicals for any other reason but to remove 45cals from the competition.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 03-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
This was never about hating on UF or pellets. Its just very obvious that the rules are tailored to favor a 50cal and a "hot rod" 50cal for that matter. So that leaves us with 3 main competitors when you get to cherry pick "production" standards.

You are left with UF, Cooper and Remington.

Not many 45cal shooters will opt for shooting sabots. Even the conical 45 shooters fair very well against sabot shooters in timed events. Some mighty fine scores have been shot with a SuperDISC and conicals. I can think of only 1 that has done exceptionally well with sabots and that was Jason in New Mexico at a regional event.

Considering the 300 yard event and sabot only requirement. You have to wonder why when very few true production rifles will compete well under those conditions. The rules certainly favor 1 brand in particular and its made in Michigan. I cant imagine why they would exclude full bore lead conicals for any other reason but to remove 45cals from the competition.
The Ultimate is dying fast. Its a publicity thing i assure you. It wouldnt surprise me if they are sponsoring the association to do this. Everything is political anymore like it or not.

As far as sabots go, the best shooter wont win using sabots. There are two many inconsistencies and variables with sabots that you cant control.

The 300 yard shooting with sabots is obviously a way to enhance the ultimate ML. I think most people are way to smart to buy into that. But, dont count out the Mountaineer against all those manufactures. Its a great bench ML.

obviously things are deleted in this thread. Were can i get a copy of the new rules??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.