Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

new cva

Old 02-12-2017, 01:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
You are wrong there
I owned 4. Don't own any now and never will again. I think they suck and are crappy junk and my experience with customer service is the main reason I hate cvas
Then you must really hate Knight!
Old 05-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

So what do you think is the better rifle, the T/C Strike or the CVA Accura MR, or even an older (well before buy out )T/C Encore 209 x 50 magnum.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

"If they don't like CVA's, then they haven't owned one"
Wrong, I had 3, two pistols and a rifle, the steel in the actions was butter soft they were imported junk, now I have heard they do better now, but once burnt twice shy.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on where you live Lee. If you lived in Spain a Knight would be imported junk.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you lived in Spain you would probably have a hard time even finding a CVA/Bergara/Dikar muzzleloader. I cant imagine why but Traditions/Ardesa are far more common.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe the Yanks are buying all the CVA's.

On a serious note. Even though the CVA gun is made in Spain. CVA is an American based company. CVA stands for Connecticut Valley Arms. They're now based in Georgia. To buy the guns in Spain they might have to be shipped from Georgia.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 05-28-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

American based?...Hardly, Dikar S Coop is based in Spain and owns Bergara, BPI CVA, Quake and PowerBelt. Is anything on the rifle even made in the USA or is it even assembled here?

http://www.dikar.es/en/#nuestras_marcas

BPI is based in Georgia so it makes perfect sense they want to consolidate as many branches at the same location as possible.

Bergara sold the Apex in Spain but its not called an Apex. Oddly i do not see a single mention of a ML barrel for the Bergara branded "Apex". So they could simply apply other branding to any ML they wish since Dikar owns both brands. They did it on the Apex.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-28-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Banned

they offer many fancier models in spain. Bergara and their ML brands actually are available with fancy wood stocks and everything. They know what they can market and what folks will pay for there VS in the USA.

Ardesa really makes some drop dead gorgeous stuff for european sales, but the price tag makes your cheeks pucker.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

MD that still make no sense. Why does the "Just a Better Gun" / "Number one seller" have virtually no ML market share in Spain? Pedersolli has larger market share. I can find Ardesa models similar to Traditions sold here in Spain without hardly any problem.

It took me 2 seconds to find an Ardesa Strikefire. http://www.armeriatrelles.com/tienda...roller=product

The wood on some of them was simulated wood.
Right and left handed stock in black, wood color camo and orange. Also with thumbhole stock in black or camo Realtree Xtra Green.
Bergara sells lots of the same rifles here as they sell in Spain. They just dont seem to offer a single ML. Not even a ML barrel for the "Apex"?

Please post a link to a CVA/Bergara ML at a retail outlet in Spain. Ive asked this before and not a single person has ever been able to do it.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 05-28-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
American based?...Hardly, Dikar S Coop is based in Spain and owns Bergara, BPI CVA, Quake and PowerBelt. Is anything on the rifle even made in the USA or is it even assembled here?

http://www.dikar.es/en/#nuestras_marcas

BPI is based in Georgia so it makes perfect sense they want to consolidate as many branches at the same location as possible.

Bergara sold the Apex in Spain but its not called an Apex. Oddly i do not see a single mention of a ML barrel for the Bergara branded "Apex". So they could simply apply other branding to any ML they wish since Dikar owns both brands. They did it on the Apex.
I said based. Not made or owned here. Maybe they make the guns for the US market. It's not like they don't sell all they make. Do you think they don't sell in Spain, because they're no good?

Bottom line. What does it matter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.