Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Over and OUT!!

Old 12-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will admit anytime I make a mistake. A forum member was sending me PM'S explaining that there was a complaint sent by someone to the Mods about BPS. And yes I agree after his help he's correct. So yes, someone did complain to the mods and I was 100% wrong.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:21 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Well, now neither of you get a cookie after you finish your dinner tonight.

And by the way, if we on the forum wanted to listen to this political correctness crap, we'd watch the news.

I'm sure you've been called worse.
And many dont want to listen to your crap either but that doesnt stop you from posting

Old 12-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
Hello all...

I was contacted by one of our MODS (but not banned) because someone was offended by the term "pud". Well, as I stated in a post, "Pud" was a character in the "Bazooka Joe" comic strip that came inside a wrapped chunk of bubble gum when I (and many of you) were kids. If any of you have turned that into something offensive, then it's your problem not mine.

But apparently, some crybaby (I know who and I'm sure most of the rest of you do too) whaa whaa'd to the MOD and I got a lecture. So here's the deal... I'm over and OUT!!

I will continue to monitor this forum as a "lurker" for grins but I'm no longer gonna post anything. I gave the MOD my opinion as to what needs to be done to stop a lot of the whining and bickering that goes on and I hope he (they) takes it into consideration. I may come back on at some point in the future if I see a change, but I doubt it's gonna happen. It's just gonna continue to be the same old same old.

Anyone who wishes to contact me can do so by PM...

Over and out,

BPS

PM sent....
Old 12-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
I am now poster "GoexBlackhorn" on nine ML boards that I'm active in, all except this one. I haven't shot TripleSe7en powder in 7-8 years and desired a more proper username than TripleSe7en.

I emailed the HuntingNet administration here requesting a change of username this morning. No response yet..... maybe tomorrow.

Speaking of Jon, I will register there at Frontier as GoexBlackhorn. Not sure if I will be successful in my attempt, after self-suspending my membership there about six months ago.
GoexBlackhorn?? You covering all bases this time?
Old 12-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep!
But I have a strange feeling I may have to forfeit my seniority date and post count, to get my new username here.

Sure doesn't appear as if the administration here is cooperating with my screen-name change-request.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Probably busy. Give them time.
Old 12-18-2015, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moderator Cal PM'd me and is tracing my "Contact Us" email I sent.
I'm hoping poster BPS Marty cools off and returns here to visit / participate.

Enjoy your new shipment of Graf's powder Muley. It's not OE and you may have to kick-up your volume by 5-10 grains to match OE - then increase your cleaning patches by 2-3. I heard the house brand is made by Schuetzen, just slightly weaker. A hunting cabin participant has used it in the past. Now he's switched to pellets after swearing off sidelocks, like I have.... all but (1) anyways.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I personally believe that any complaints should have the name of the person attached to them all through the system this would eliminate some of frivolous ones. I have come to believe over the years that there is somebody deliberately causing as much trouble as possible while not saying much otherwise.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Moderator Cal PM'd me and is tracing my "Contact Us" email I sent.
I'm hoping poster BPS Marty cools off and returns here to visit / participate.

Enjoy your new shipment of Graf's powder Muley. It's not OE and you may have to kick-up your volume by 5-10 grains to match OE - then increase your cleaning patches by 2-3. I heard the house brand is made by Schuetzen, just slightly weaker. A hunting cabin participant has used it in the past. Now he's switched to pellets after swearing off sidelocks, like I have.... all but (1) anyways.
I'm suspicious of Olde Enysford. Too powerful for the price. I think it has something different in it than the normal BP ingredients.

I'll stick to real black.

The Graf's brand is a bit cleaner burning than Goex due to it using alder charcoal just like Swiss. It's power is about like Goex.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 12-18-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot only a quarter-pound a year of real black now. Goex is the only one available in retail stores nearby. FFF I like most. Nice chart-post on felt recoil elsewhere here. 80-90 grains of BH209 works for my 150 yard limits, 200 grain bullets (90gr) or 300-400 grain bullets (70-80gr).

I squeeze triggers to have fun, not to be jolted and ears-rung, when shooting offhand (100% of the time). That's no fun.

If I'm willing to be jolted, I pull out my .300WSM for much longer shots. I respect this sport and maintain it has limitations. If turning muzzleloaders into centerfires becomes regular habits, all 50 states will counter with restrictions...... ugly restrictions..... maybe even flintlocks, no scopes, no sabots. The only exceptions are the prairie (wide open) states, which translates into such few ML shooters.

So lets treat this sport like it was intended, or face the consequences someday. The victims are always people shot by muzzleloaders in populated areas. Unfortunately that has to happen regularly first..... then state agencies put those ugly restrictions on.

There are so many ML shooters trying for 300 yards in those populated areas. It's a shame to witness it (I have). Some ML shooters are stupid sometimes. Don't comprehend what lies ahead and love to take chances.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 12-18-2015 at 06:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.