HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Over and OUT!!
Thread: Over and OUT!!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 06:32 AM
Triple Se7en
Nontypical Buck

I shoot only a quarter-pound a year of real black now. Goex is the only one available in retail stores nearby. FFF I like most. Nice chart-post on felt recoil elsewhere here. 80-90 grains of BH209 works for my 150 yard limits, 200 grain bullets (90gr) or 300-400 grain bullets (70-80gr).

I squeeze triggers to have fun, not to be jolted and ears-rung, when shooting offhand (100% of the time). That's no fun.

If I'm willing to be jolted, I pull out my .300WSM for much longer shots. I respect this sport and maintain it has limitations. If turning muzzleloaders into centerfires becomes regular habits, all 50 states will counter with restrictions...... ugly restrictions..... maybe even flintlocks, no scopes, no sabots. The only exceptions are the prairie (wide open) states, which translates into such few ML shooters.

So lets treat this sport like it was intended, or face the consequences someday. The victims are always people shot by muzzleloaders in populated areas. Unfortunately that has to happen regularly first..... then state agencies put those ugly restrictions on.

There are so many ML shooters trying for 300 yards in those populated areas. It's a shame to witness it (I have). Some ML shooters are stupid sometimes. Don't comprehend what lies ahead and love to take chances.

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 12-18-2015 at 06:37 AM.