Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do You Doubt The PRB? >

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Old 12-10-2015, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

BPS is passionate about using flintlocks. Nothing wrong with that.

Don't be so sensitive if he thinks everybody should use one. It's his right, and his opinion.

I sort of agree that scoped long shots don't belong in the muzzy season, but that's just me. I'd never try to stop someone from doing it.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:49 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

Don't be so sensitive if he thinks everybody should use one. It's his right, and his opinion.

I sort of agree that scoped long shots don't belong in the muzzy season, but that's just me. I'd never try to stop someone from doing it.
I agree , scoped long shots belong in the rifle season not the muzzy season . Peep sight long shots belong in the muzzy season

Old 12-10-2015, 01:51 PM
1874sharpsshooter

So if someone is passionate about custom inlines shooting blackhorn then it's ok to consider BPS ...edited by Champlain Islander... , after all thats their opinion and their right . I got it now . Thanks Muley

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-16-2015 at 11:09 AM. Reason: improper language -rule 1

Old 12-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
So if someone is passionate about custom inlines shooting blackhorn then it's ok to consider BPS ...edited by Champlain Islander... , after all thats their opinion and their right . I got it now . Thanks Muley
Some do think that way. So what? Who cares what others think?

Just do what makes you happy. Even if that means calling them ...edited by Champlain Islander....

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-16-2015 at 11:10 AM. Reason: improper language- rule 1
Old 12-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

120 grs of FFF is a hot load in a .54...

I love hunting with flintlocks, started in the '70s, used a custom made .45 until bears started getting pretty thick in eastern NC, then I made a .54, it took me 2 years...I've given talks on the American Revolution since the early '80s and simply love the look on students faces when I touch off a flinter...

The .45 I started with??? I had her rebarreled and made her a .40...I now use her for small game hunting...

The neat think about muzzleloading is you can get as deeply into it as you want, it can grow on you...It adds something to the hunt, if you aren't careful, you may learn a little history along the way as well...

Old 12-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-18-2015, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Nothing better than dropping the game where you shoot them .
The older i get, the more i pray for this result!!!
Old 12-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

No kidding as long as it's level.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow beautiful pictures nchawkeye that brought my imagination to a time well before my birth. It must have been something during that era. Thanks
Old 12-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Wow beautiful pictures nchawkeye that brought my imagination to a time well before my birth. It must have been something during that era. Thanks

How old are you! That's the 18th century.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.