Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do You Doubt The PRB? >

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Old 12-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
What a beautiful Elk!!

I'm glad that man shot it with his flintlock rifle, he's much more deserving of a trophy like that than some ...Edited by Champlain Islander... wielding an inline!

BPS
Exactly! Easier is not better.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-16-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: improper language
Old 12-09-2015, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a beautiful Elk!!

I'm glad that man shot it with his flintlock rifle, he's much more deserving of a trophy like that than some ...Champlain Islander... wielding an inline!

BPS
Any person who takes the time to hunt big game and harvest a nice animal deserves the same respect as anyone else. If you feel your at a disadvantage with a flintlock you just need to learn how to use it. All three Elk I've shot, would of been killed just as easy with a Flintlock. And since you wanna call inline shooters some ...edited by Champlain Islander..., go to the primitive forum and learn how to use your a Flintlock and stay off this forum until you can learn to be nice and respect what others can and can't do.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-16-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: improper language
Old 12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly. The guy got within 75 yards of an Elk and shot it with a flintlock so he is more deserving of "trophy" status than if I got within 75 yards of the same animal and shot it with a sidelock percussion .54? Or an Inline .50 within the same range? Just how is it he is a better "hunter" because of the type of ignition system he chooses? Man pulls trigger, gun goes bang. Has absolutely nothing to do with his skills to get within range of an animal. Now yes it does show that he is a good hunter because he got within range for his primitive weapon but I wouldn't consider myself MORE of a hunter because I get within archery range of an animal which is, by the way, MUCH closer than he got! I've taken several Elk with traditional bow and a few with compounds. I don't call myself a "pud" for using my compounds.

So BP, how about you take a little step back there bud and apologize to those of us who use more modern equipment as HUNTERS!!!
Old 12-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

He was probably thinking of those who take long shots with scoped inlines.

If you can get within 75yds, or less for a kill. It's good hunting no matter what gun you're using.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Spike

I enjoy shooting my T/C renegade a lot. I've gotten the blackpowder bug so bad that I packed it all through centerfire deer season this year.
Mine shoots 75grns Goex under a .530 RB with a .015" patch with either Hoppes for blackpowder liquid lube (my target and rendevous choice) or wonderlube (deer hunting load).
It shoots a Hornady GPB in 425 grns over 100 gr of Goex the best for my elk load.
I didn't even shoot any of my centerfires this year, other than my
7mm/08 to verify zero for my girlfriend to use.

It will, however, be quite a while before I try to take any game with a hawk or knife, lol. I'm happy just to get them to stick. Black powder shoots sure are fun to go to though, my local club has one a month.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah. I wouldn't try killing big game with the hawk and knife.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54

So BP, how about you take a little step back there bud and apologize to those of us who use more modern equipment as HUNTERS!!!
Love me or hate me... that's NOT gonna happen!

BPS
Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Love me or hate me... that's NOT gonna happen!

BPS
Right , because that might indicate you realize the stupidity of your asinine statement . A flintlock hunter is a real ...Edited by Champlain islander... compared to a real hunter that uses a matchlock .

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 12-16-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: improper language

Old 12-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, i'm using a spear from now on.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

What you use does not make you a good sportsman or a better man, your conduct is the measure of both. I personally get the biggest thrill from a bow so I hunt a lot with a bow letting the fawns grow up and the old doe that has 3 every year walk by is as much common sense as sportsman ship so is letting the spikes and forks walk. Knocking the other fellows fun is dog in the manger stuff.

Last edited by lemoyne; 12-10-2015 at 12:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.