Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Do You Doubt The PRB? >

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Do You Doubt The PRB?

Old 12-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

He didn't choose what he uses. He attacked those using traditional gear. Big difference.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another point is that he is a new member and it is obvious that he joined the forum with an agenda to attack round ball shooters.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe Marty has witnessed roundball shooters being unethical? Not trying to stickup for him thou, for he never mentioned anything like that in his excuse.

I would believe most-everyone here has a problem with a traditionalist using a roundball that's willing to take risky shots. I may have harvested this centerfire hunting season, had I shot my .300WSM semi-auto repeatedly at the ass-end of a doe, no more than 30 yards away.

But I refused to do it (outside of a kill zone) and I hate to hear about roundball shooters who are willing to take a wound shot, instead of a kill shot.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

As every one of us has posted "know and shoot within the limitations of yourself and your equipment"! That is the definition of ethical hunting in my book.
Old 12-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've notice those who use big magnums are more willing to take risky shots way more than a PRB user.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Yeah but Grouse, having and expressing an opinion is one thing. Calling all hunters that use a PRB unethical is another thing entirely. He needs to step away from the soapbox he has risen himself upon before he gets knocked off of it.
I didn't see were he wrote PRB'S are unethical. I just saw were he said there are much better choices then PRB'S.
Old 12-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cmon Tom. You always say that, even when it's about yourself. Someone doesn't have to use the word unethical to know that's what they mean.

If he thought a PRB was ethical he wouldn't say things like this:

"At some point, I think we have to ask ourselves if our slavish devotion to some aspect of outdated technology is diminishing our sport, and ourselves."
Old 12-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Cmon Tom. You always say that, even when it's about yourself. Someone doesn't have to use the word unethical to know that's what they mean.

If he thought a PRB was ethical he wouldn't say things like this:

"At some point, I think we have to ask ourselves if our slavish devotion to some aspect of outdated technology is diminishing our sport, and ourselves."
Texting, Emails, etc, are about the worst way to communicate. I honestly did not take what he said that way. But, that doesn't mean I'm right by any means.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, i'm sure you'll agree that he doesn't think anybody should use the old technology?

How do we define unethical? Wouldn't it be using a method that has a high degree of failure? At least in the mind of the poster. That seems to be the point he's trying to get across. A lot of hunters feel that way, so he's not alone. I just wonder if these opinions are from experience, or just passed on from what they hear others say? Who might also be passing on what they hear.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look up some of his other posts Tom. He flat out calls the use of PRB's unethical. Ever since he joined he has been on a soap box against the use of PRB's. As I said earlier, I don't use them anymore myself, but as long as people use them within their range and shot placement limitations, I see no reason NOT to use them as they are quite effective when used properly. Going by his logic from other posts, one shouldn't hunt with anything less than the latest greatest laser cannon. There is ALWAYS something more technologically advanced out there to use for hunting but that in no way means something less advanced is unethical. It really doesn't mean that the advanced products are any more ethical to use either. Everything needs to be used within it's limitations as well as the hunters limitations or it then becomes unethical.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.