Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
About those CVA muzzleloaders >

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

About those CVA muzzleloaders

Old 08-04-2015, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where did i say he was innocent? Please show me where i said that.

I said ALL these types of reviews should be suspect. Not just the ones you dislike.

Opinions from sponsored sources and individuals should always be suspect and considered bias until proven otherwise.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I can see this thread as becoming "The never ending story." A continuation of he said, she said. Of I believe, and I know. What is good for one is not always the same with others. And I appreciate that someone believes they are looking out for my well being by posting information, no matter how old or how recent it is. But the point of all this is, some believe it, some don't. Some are concerned enough to not purchase CVA products, while other ignore the same concerns.

It all comes down to a matter of choices. We make choices every day. Some good. Some not so good. Its clear some consider the CVA as an abomination of steel and composite. Others, quite the opposite. Its all a matter of choice. So I thank all for warning me of the dangers of my purchase and use of a CVA. I use and care for my rifle in a responsible manner and so far have suffered no ill effects. In fact quite the opposite. But as of this post, I will be ignoring the rest of the thread. It is giving me a headache.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

GM........You should have left it at your quote. I would have said nothing. I didn't see the point of the rest of it unless you just wanted to bash others.

So, I wasn't sure what your motive was.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
First if they say that inspect 1 out of every 25 barrels, that is a a pretty weak sample size. Even a moderate sample would be 8.
You have never worked in the auto industry. Sampling 1-3 parts per shift is typical. And 1 shift produces several hundred parts.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pedersoli proofs every barrel according to them. One look at Italian proof laws make it appear to be true.

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/storia.asp?l=en

In compliance with the Italian law for the guns production and sale, all the guns must go through the firing tests at the Banco Nazionale di Prova (National Proof House) in Gardone Valtrompia according to the C.I.P rules. The high pressure firing test is made to all the guns whether they are muzzle loading or breech loading, and it is one of the most sophisticated of qualifications tests, involving not only actual overload firing tests but also over 40 inspections for dimensional changes which would indicate the slightest flaw.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-04-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know what's unknown? What if Beraga checked every barrel? Would it change anything? Would all the barrels pass?

The popular opinion seems to be if they checked every barrel they would have failures, but nobody knows that. It's just an assumption.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Not true again. By posting the link you're agreeing with it. I'd never post it, because i know it's trash. By defending it through the thread you're giving it credibility.

You sent me a PM at he beginning of this to warn me about CVA guns. I don't fault you for that, but it did show you believed Randy, and wanted to warn everyone. Why else would you post it? If you didn't believe it. Why would you post it? Nobody does that. So, the bottom line is you did believe it, and posted it as a warning. That is bashing CVA.

I'm sure that's obvious to everybody.
You haven't disproved any of it. He's in a position to know more than we do. You can't be told anything and you have a vendetta.

Last edited by Game Stalker; 08-04-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Banned

Ive had several friends in germany have CVA rifles shipped to them. They go through the proof house, something like a 3 month extra wait, once they pass, they are able to pick up their muzzys. CVA's biggest market is in the US. If they found it profitable to sell large quantities in europe, they would. They actually offer the apex and bergara rifles with wood stocks in europe. We get plastic camo.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:14 AM
Banned

You know what's unknown? What if Beraga checked every barrel? Would it change anything? Would all the barrels pass?

The popular opinion seems to be if they checked every barrel they would have failures, but nobody knows that. It's just an assumption.
No muzzleloading company checks all barrels, including TC and Knight. Knight uses what.. magnaflux to check so many barrels per run. That means, not every barrel gets checked.

No company wants to clean those barrels out.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Randy your good buddy has many articles over at Chuck Hawks.
One of those articles contains a clarification stating Dudley as saying proof marks were taken from barrels back in 2006. It sure is ethical of a company to make such lies to deceive the buying public. It's better that a barrel fail before leaving the factory before failing in some ones hands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.