Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
252g Powerbelt Hollowpoint >

252g Powerbelt Hollowpoint

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

252g Powerbelt Hollowpoint

Old 08-03-2015, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Aerolite almost $25/15
NoExcuses about 50cents each

On an average which one do you think has fewer complaints?

Or better yet why hasn't CVA produced a PB that holds together like a Speer 50cal bullet if they want to charge a premium price?

When you compare the performance of premium priced bullets, PBs are at the very bottom.

BTW it looks like Toby has a new sponsor. Im sure his reviews of CVA products will be glowing now. http://www.namlhunt.com/cva-1.html

Last edited by Gm54-120; 08-03-2015 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

The price of the bullets you hunt with doesn't amount to much if you don't practice with them.

Save the hunting bullet to hunt with, and practice with a cheaper bullet. It's not rocket science guys.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Save the hunting bullet to hunt with, and practice with a cheaper bullet. It's not rocket science guys.
Exactly. Who cares if the hunting bullet is expensive if it works? Are you going to shoot hundreds of them a year? Even if you shoot alot of deer each year, unlikely the extra .80 per bullet is gonna make a difference at all. I personally want to maximize my chance of success. Bullets are the least expensive part of hunting imo. We spend hundreds if not thousands per year to hunt, I ain't skimping on the thing that makes or breaks it when it comes to crunch time.

Sure you can kill deer with any bullet, just some have a track record of doing much better than others. I'll stack the deck in my favor whenever I can.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not worried about the cost. My point is that across the many options for bullets for ML, in my experience, there is not a lot of noticeable difference in results from a "cheap" XTP to and "expensive" Barnes. You're right, it's not rocket science, put a large chuck of metal through the vitals of an animal and it dies.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Selling Mad Dog 20/20 for 4 times the price wont make it a better wine. All the propaganda and hype will never make it fine table fair.

The same goes for poorly constructed bullets.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

True, but i'm being told the Barnes isn't a good bullet now, and won't expand.

Does anybody else feel the Barnes T-EZ is a bad choice?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
True, but i'm being told the Barnes isn't a good bullet now, and won't expand.

Does anybody else feel the Barnes T-EZ is a bad choice?
Everybody has given you all the information you need. I even recommended a Barnes bullet for you to use. You clearly don't understand and im not sure your going to. And as GM54 pointed out, your forever changing what you never end up doing. But I do wish you luck honestly!!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Everybody has given you all the information you need. I even recommended a Barnes bullet for you to use. You clearly don't understand and im not sure your going to. And as GM54 pointed out, your forever changing what you never end up doing. But I do wish you luck honestly!!
That has nothing to do with what you said. Why do you guys always throw at me changing my mind when you've lost your point?

You said the T-EZ isn't a good bullet, because it doesn't expand. I showed a video of it expanding when the weak Powerbelt didn't expand. What do you say now. Were you wrong? I doubt you can admit that.
It like changing my mind, or selling a gun is a crime with you guys. That's my business. Not yours!

btw..I never asked for any information. I'm not new at this.

John Wayne has it right.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not. The problem is obvious to me and Cal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.