Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
A Ten Step Program In Pictures (Off Topic) >

A Ten Step Program In Pictures (Off Topic)

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A Ten Step Program In Pictures (Off Topic)

Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well done!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Man that looks mighty tasty.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish we had more rabbits, they're numbers are very low now due to the yotes I guess. I see one now and then, but I have not seen one in the woods in probably 7-8yrs. I remember when we could go rabbit and grouse hunting and kill a decent amount every time out, with no dogs. Not anymore.

Sure looks tasty. I prefer rabbit over squirrels, just never been able to find a good recipe for squirrels that makes em tender. (maybe its just the cook)
Old 02-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

house cats do a number Bob rabbits.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Van it looks like your lease produced a better rabbit season then Deer. Small game hunting was a big part of my hunting life growing up. But its been many years since we rabbit hunted.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah jaybez, I had a crappy deer season. We protected does this year and I couldn't get the Swamp Dragon on either of the two bucks that wandered my way. The Dragon is pissed, but I've promised her numerous range sessions in the Spring.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang. Finally, somebody that even knows what knows good Cajun cooking is all about. Man I'd love to have plate full of that! Wouldn't happen to have some Redfish Courtbullion you could spare!

Geauxe Tigers ...LSU Class of 1969, BSEE.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I wish we had more rabbits, they're numbers are very low now due to the yotes I guess. I see one now and then, but I have not seen one in the woods in probably 7-8yrs. I remember when we could go rabbit and grouse hunting and kill a decent amount every time out, with no dogs. Not anymore.

Sure looks tasty. I prefer rabbit over squirrels, just never been able to find a good recipe for squirrels that makes em tender. (maybe its just the cook)
My thoughts also on my lease here in Charlotte County. but one of the guys in my club went up a couple of weeks ago and in two days they nailed 30 rabbits! They had a couple of beagles with them.

I would never have thought that we had that many around. Think Ill give it a try next year!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Spike

Wow, that looks good. Cottontails are hard to beat for table fare. I'm not so sure on the coyote thing though. Those buggers will eat ANYTHING! I think I'll take a rain check on yotes, thank you very much.