Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Breech Plugs/Conversion Kits >

Knight Breech Plugs/Conversion Kits

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Breech Plugs/Conversion Kits

Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Knight Breech Plugs/Conversion Kits

Does anyone know where I can get a conversion kit or just the breech plug for a 50 cal Knight Wolverine? I would like to find the original 209 conversion type not the new extreme that uses the plastic disc., any help is appreciated.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by redmag
Does anyone know where I can get a conversion kit or just the breech plug for a 50 cal Knight Wolverine? I would like to find the original 209 conversion type not the new extreme that uses the plastic disc., any help is appreciated.
Are you asking for a bare 209 primer breech plug, a breech plug for red plastic jackets? All of these for the plunger action rifles of the MK-BK-LK- Wolverine or the Big Horn rifles

This the Red FPJ breech plug

http://www.knightrifles.com/breech-plug-M900021/

They no longer show the bare primer breech plug. I think the safety liability of shooting a bare primer in an open breech rifle may be a factor.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

I do not want to use the orange plastic disc but just the breech plug where the primer is inserted into the plug. I have one but it became too tight after one shot to removed the fired primer and an unfired primer would not go in. In my wisdom I took it to a gunsmith and had it reamed out slightly. Unfortunately, now the primer will fall out if I am not careful.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bare 209 primer part number was Mfg# 900045 for the BH, W209 and TK2000

http://www.knightrifles.com/pdfs/2010_Acc_Catalog.pdf

Good luck
Old 07-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do not want to use the orange plastic disc but just the breech plug where the primer is inserted into the plug. I have one but it became too tight after one shot to removed the fired primer and an unfired primer would not go in. In my wisdom I took it to a gunsmith and had it reamed out slightly. Unfortunately, now the primer will fall out if I am not careful.

Thanks
You might still be able to find some of the Bare Primer breech plugs on different web sites but I do not believe Knight is making them available any longer, again because of liability issues.

I believe the part number you are after is #M900045.

Last edited by sabotloader; 07-07-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did a quick search and could not find any for sale. They turn up on the auction sites sometimes.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

I have looked for sites that sell them and cannot find any in stock. Guess I will just continue with my old one and rig something to make sure I don't lose the primer. It is a PIA to keep looking to make certain the disc is there. Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have looked for sites that sell them and cannot find any in stock. Guess I will just continue with my old one and rig something to make sure I don't lose the primer. It is a PIA to keep looking to make certain the disc is there. Thanks for the replies.
I think I have some, I could let one go PM and I will check what I have...

mike