Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura vs Triumph

Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default Accura vs Triumph

I purchased a new V1 from Carlos(Ed's Gun Shop) and mounted a Burris FF II on it. Being a T/C man the thought of buying a CVA was low on my list but the deal offered I couldn't pass it up. So lets compare the Accura to my Triumph. These are just my opinions and not meant to offend anyone...
Overall look and feel for me..Triumph.. Barrel.. edge to Accura only because of the stainless steel although the weather shield has served me well..Trigger both are crisp with little to no creep..but the feel for me the Triumph gets the edge. Breeching action while it takes two hands for the Triumph I like the positive locking feel you get. Breech plug while the V1 has the hex head and the T/C has the Speed Breech I would give T/C the edge because of the design when it comes to proper ignition of all powders with no mods needed. With Cva you need to order the BH plug. So for me overall I feel the Triumph is a better gun. Now for the deal I got compared to what I paid for the Triumph the Accura would win if money was a concern. I only had one quick range outing with the Accura and the gun handles and shoots fine. No issues with the bp that was modified by Carlos. I watched MD's head spacing videos and followed his advice and the gun was extremely
clean with the primers looking as good as new once fired. I look forward to more range outings in the near future. Shots were taken basically off handed. 100yds ... 100gr BH209.. W209 and 260gr PT GOLDS
Attached Thumbnails Accura vs Triumph-100media_imag0634.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
1874sharpsshooter

I had an Accura that I traded to Carlos, I still have a Triumph . That pretty much gives you my opinion

Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

I know this is about the Accura and Triumph, and Im not sure how either of those guns shoot, but I just bought the Optima V2 .50 cal from carlos, and just got it this week. I would say the optima v2 is in the class with both these guns. Hopefully i will make it out to shoot it soon and will post how it does. But from what i've been reading and all the stories from friends and what they shoot, if i didnt buy the optima, then i was going to buy an T/C omgea. I know more people with an omega than any other ML out there and they all love them and wouldnt sell them for anything. But after reading everything about these new cva guns, i couldnt resist buying the new V2, camo, stainless barrel & thumbhole stock. looks good and feels good aswell. cant wait!
Attached Thumbnails Accura vs Triumph-optimav2.jpg   Accura vs Triumph-optimav2.2.jpg  

Last edited by Ohboy; 02-21-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Ohboy,
I was going to buy the new Optima from Carlos also but the V1(camo-ss) for $180 to my door. Great deal I.M.O
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Ohboy,
I was going to buy the new Optima from Carlos also but the V1(camo-ss) for $180 to my door. Great deal I.M.O
Very good deal! I was debating the Accura V2 aswell but carlos talked me out of that and into the Optima v2, so i went with his choice. I tell you what, it was also very hard not to buy the new camo ss wolf! thats a heck of a deal i thought, but i really like the thumbhole stock that i got with the optima. And i really like how it felt compared to the wolf. the wolf just wasnt for me. Hope you like you accura
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have yet to have a problem with BH209 out the old PB design. Haven't even drilled out the flash hole. I use Win 209 primers as they tend to run longer than most to get a tight fit. No mis-fires out of about 100 shots so far. Don't let the older plug scare you unless you run into problems with a specific load/primer combo.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did the same test as you, I bought a slightly used Triumph. I didn't like how you had to open the action on the TC, the TC's barrel was too tight and the weather shield didn't impress me either. I sold the triumph to a youngun for a great price and nothing against TC they do make nice guns.
$180 for a SS/Camo V1, that was a great deal!
(BP)