HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accura vs Triumph
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
jaybez101099
Typical Buck

Default Accura vs Triumph

I purchased a new V1 from Carlos(Ed's Gun Shop) and mounted a Burris FF II on it. Being a T/C man the thought of buying a CVA was low on my list but the deal offered I couldn't pass it up. So lets compare the Accura to my Triumph. These are just my opinions and not meant to offend anyone...
Overall look and feel for me..Triumph.. Barrel.. edge to Accura only because of the stainless steel although the weather shield has served me well..Trigger both are crisp with little to no creep..but the feel for me the Triumph gets the edge. Breeching action while it takes two hands for the Triumph I like the positive locking feel you get. Breech plug while the V1 has the hex head and the T/C has the Speed Breech I would give T/C the edge because of the design when it comes to proper ignition of all powders with no mods needed. With Cva you need to order the BH plug. So for me overall I feel the Triumph is a better gun. Now for the deal I got compared to what I paid for the Triumph the Accura would win if money was a concern. I only had one quick range outing with the Accura and the gun handles and shoots fine. No issues with the bp that was modified by Carlos. I watched MD's head spacing videos and followed his advice and the gun was extremely
clean with the primers looking as good as new once fired. I look forward to more range outings in the near future. Shots were taken basically off handed. 100yds ... 100gr BH209.. W209 and 260gr PT GOLDS
Attached Images