Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lost my Optima....... >

Lost my Optima.......

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lost my Optima.......

Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lost my Optima.......

I know I am gonna get busted for this but here it goes.

Opening day of deer season here in Hoosierland and my middle son decides he wants to take my optima that I picked up this summer and that he has been practicing with. He loves shooting it and bagged a nice doe with it during youth season.

8:15 opening day and deer are moving everywhere. A buck is chasing a doe through the woods out into the corn field and right past his stand. He is trying to stop them, but the buck was 110 yards away when he stopped to look around. Once he did my son put the cross hairs of the Optima on him and squeezed the trigger. The Barnes 250gr TEZ sitting on top of 100gr BH209 found its mark. The buck staggered and dropped. He hit him right in the heart as it was destroyed by the shot. I know..I know I need pics. I have pics but don't know how to post them.

Let's just say there was a happy young man with a nice 7 point buck and an incredible shot!

So I think the moral of the story is I might as well give him this rifle....he's killed 2 deer with it and I haven't pulled the hammer back on anyting but paper targets.

It handles great and is DEADLY accurate!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to the young man. Sounds like your gonna have to go buy another Optima
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Well these things happen... And besides, the rifle likes him. Congratulations to your son on his buck.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your sons deer!
Pics are easy, right below where your write for a comment you'll see "Go Advanced" click on this and a page will appear and it'll have a place that shows "Manage Attachments" click on this and if you have Pics on you computer a screen will show where you have all your computer stuff on. Find where your pics are and click on that, then your pics will show up and just click on the pick you want downloaded. Once you have the pic picked our click on download, it will download your pic and then you can pick more pics. After your done close out that window and your pics wil be where you made your comment, then just hit post reply.
(BP)
Old 11-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

thats the best way to lose a gun nice
Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to your son on his buck. Looks like you gotta buy another gun.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bummer for me...

I just may be in the market for a V2 Accura, Black, SS but I haven't put any thought into it.

I hate that....LOL Oh well SMOKE happens.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

I was worried you were going to say your son left the rifle in the field and you couldn't find it again! Congrats on the buck though!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice to get another started in the muzzle loader family
Congrats.