HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lost my Optima.......
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Hoosier_Hunter1963
Fork Horn

Default Lost my Optima.......

I know I am gonna get busted for this but here it goes.

Opening day of deer season here in Hoosierland and my middle son decides he wants to take my optima that I picked up this summer and that he has been practicing with. He loves shooting it and bagged a nice doe with it during youth season.

8:15 opening day and deer are moving everywhere. A buck is chasing a doe through the woods out into the corn field and right past his stand. He is trying to stop them, but the buck was 110 yards away when he stopped to look around. Once he did my son put the cross hairs of the Optima on him and squeezed the trigger. The Barnes 250gr TEZ sitting on top of 100gr BH209 found its mark. The buck staggered and dropped. He hit him right in the heart as it was destroyed by the shot. I know..I know I need pics. I have pics but don't know how to post them.

Let's just say there was a happy young man with a nice 7 point buck and an incredible shot!

So I think the moral of the story is I might as well give him this rifle....he's killed 2 deer with it and I haven't pulled the hammer back on anyting but paper targets.

It handles great and is DEADLY accurate!