Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What Age were You when it started to Change how you Hunted? >

What Age were You when it started to Change how you Hunted?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What Age were You when it started to Change how you Hunted?

Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by rockytop
Sounds like low testosterone to me. I'm 63 and I was feeling the same way and my doctor said my testosterone was low so I been getting shots. Actually, I been giving myself shots so I don't have to go to the doctor every 3 weeks. Now, I'm back out there at every opportunity.
Well I'm 65 now and I guess for the last few years I have been slowing down some. I also need "T" shots. Just started them so don't know is they are helping yet. I do find myself thinking more about the bad weather and not going to the stand!!!

Figure at my age, I have that luxury.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I guess I also have learned for experience. If I wake up and its raining - I don't go. (except for turkey - because for some reason they love being out in a light rain) It must keep their dander down and get rid of the bugs that bother them. When I'm archery hunting I seldom still hunt. And in rainy weather I've found that deer don't move too much. But right after a day or two of rain, I try to be out there.
Honestly, I'm out there for the pure enjoyment. If I happen to harvest an animal all the better. But I don't want to get sick or be miserable doing it. Besides, when its wet, I can't hear. My hearing is just about shot.
Boy Bronkoman, you and I must have went to the same school on this one. Very familiar words there my friend!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Spike

Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish "slowing down" from wisdom & experience. I recently turned 55. Nowadays I hike fewer miles and climb smaller mountains yet I encounter and kill more elk than ever before in my life. Getting older and wiser isn't all bad!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BP_Hunter
Sometimes it's difficult to distinguish "slowing down" from wisdom & experience. I recently turned 55. Nowadays I hike fewer miles and climb smaller mountains yet I encounter and kill more elk than ever before in my life. Getting older and wiser isn't all bad!
That's the way I look at it, after hunting for the better of 35 years, you just know when to hold em and know when to fold em.
20 years ago I'd hunt every single day of bow season, no matter what the weather was. Now that Im more experienced I know not to wear out my stands befor the rut starts, I hunt when I should and dont go when I should'nt, and my success has gotten better.
I still hunt every single day of our regular gun season and late ML season, except if it's pouring rain. I may go out for the first hour or so and last hour if it's raining hard, just so I said I did go, because ya never know.
(BP)
Crap! how do you know if you have "Low T"