Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Spot Navigation

Old 06-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Spot Navigation

Pulkit's post on the GPS leads me to share this device also. I hunt alone a lot... Terry really does not like it.

The Spot Navigation System provides a lot of security for her and it and it a way to get a message out in the most remote places. It operates of satellites not cell towers.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Just sharing aome information
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Pulkit's post on the GPS leads me to share this device also. I hunt alone a lot... Terry really does not like it.

The Spot Navigation System provides a lot of security for her and it and it a way to get a message out in the most remote places. It operates of satellites not cell towers.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

Just sharing aome information
last time I went to a remote hunting area in the dead of winter I thought that would be a good thing to have. I found out later on that my wife had secretly removed the batteries.

Just kidding..

Old 06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
last time I went to a remote hunting area in the dead of winter I thought that would be a good thing to have. I found out later on that my wife had secretly removed the batteries.

Just kidding..
ah-ha!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told her to do that.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Just kidding..
haha!! Sounds like your wife is my wifes sister!!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Dominant Buck

You guys and your wives... I mean

"Marriage is like a deck of cards... In the beginning all it takes is two hearts and a diamond. But after you've been together for many years, what your really hoping for is a big club and a spade."

When I was married I talked in all sincerity to my dear wife about hunting alone. And I asked her.. should I ever get lost, what should I do? She then said.. yell for help. So I asked her, what if no one hears me? She smiled and said.. yell louder. And so I was concerned she was not taking me serious. So I said ... and if still no one hears me? She said .. eventually you'll strain your vocal cords and not be able to make all that racket.

All seriousness now.. I read an article about them phone systems and they said they work, and they save lives. It can be the difference between coming out of the woods alive, or being found many weeks later.