Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Jug at 322 yard

Old 12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
To make it simple for you, because you seem to demand an answer. A sidelock. Preferably with a slow twist barrel.
I have a friend that has a lyman side lock that he can keep about a 4" group at 200 yds. Using a bullet and sabot. So, this would be acceptable as a traditional mler, to you.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
I have a friend that has a lyman side lock that he can keep about a 4" group at 200 yds. Using a bullet and sabot. So, this would be acceptable as a traditional mler, to you.
Your nick name indicates you hunt for antlers.

Not acceptable.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well at a chance as sounding arogant. Most that have your opinion have never killed a buck worth keeping, if you had the pride and excitement of doing what most don't have the skill to do. Would change your attitude.

So, you go ahead and keep using a 75yd. Gun and leaving your little antlers in the field and I will keep filling my freezer and my wall. I wont push my way on you and you quit pushing yours on everyone else.

You act as if you think it makes you special, it doesn't.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
Proably the 1:32 twist barrel not the 1:60. I have both . If it's the 1:32 it wouldn't be acceptable to muley
Yeah I am seeing that. Side lock is a side lock is a traditional gun. But I guess to someone that makes his own definition to suit his agruement, there is no discussing, with! Because he will change that definition as his agruement fails!!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well at a chance as sounding arogant. Most that have your opinion have never killed a buck worth keeping, if you had the pride and excitement of doing what most don't have the skill to do. Would change your attitude.

So, you go ahead and keep using a 75yd. Gun and leaving your little antlers in the field and I will keep filling my freezer and my wall. I wont push my way on you and you quit pushing yours on everyone else.

You act as if you think it makes you special, it doesn't.
Just like your wall doesn't make you special. Just a braggart.

Even your name is bragging.

You also assume too much, but I guess that makes you feel better. You can't handle that I left on the ground something better than your wall.

If you can't handle a little ribbing. Even after I tell you i'm doing it. It says a lot about you.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I am seeing that. Side lock is a side lock is a traditional gun. But I guess to someone that makes his own definition to suit his agruement, there is no discussing, with! Because he will change that definition as his agruement fails!!!
How would you describe a traditional muzzleloader?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

But I am just busting your chops! You can't handle it?
Old 12-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
How would you describe a traditional muzzleloader?
A flint lock. Just because a sidelock was made to look traditional, don't mean it is. If you do not go back that far. You are just agrueing to argue.

Braggart or not. I have proof of what I have or do. I guess I will just take your word, you have left bigger in the field. Now that I have actually typed that, I will call bs. Talk that **** to someone else, I don't believe you.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 12-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 AM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.