Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Jug at 322 yard

Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting perspective on the shot with the video being next to the jug. First look it didn't seem that long because I was listening to the sound and not looking at the smoke. Once I looked at the smoke, it really does take a long time for the bullet to get there!

Nice shot! I would be surprised if I made that shot 1 in 10 tries, even with your equipment. I am always amazed that there are people out there who can.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Interesting perspective on the shot with the video being next to the jug. First look it didn't seem that long because I was listening to the sound and not looking at the smoke. Once I looked at the smoke, it really does take a long time for the bullet to get there!

Nice shot! I would be surprised if I made that shot 1 in 10 tries, even with your equipment. I am always amazed that there are people out there who can.
what's interesting to me is, with the 25-06 and .270 rifles i have owned,300 yds is a piece of cake.i always sighted then in 2.5-3" high at 100 yds,which equated to the same hold at 300 yds. this is where i feel the BDS or the turret system are such a valuable tool with a muzzle loader. no need to worry about how high to hold on the animals body on shots longer than 100 yds.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58

If you pause the video, you can advance or rewind one frame at a time using the arrow keys, or the mouse. There are 20 frames go by at 1/30 second each, between the first smoke, and impact. I too cannot make that shot with the best equipment, without a 'guiding hand'.