Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me! >

I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

And By NO MEANS did I Insinusate that I think Your Lazy, Just Smart
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

in past seasons, I would not have passed on an 15yard shot. this year i did, have not seen anything since
Old 12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
I would like to add that usually when I see a deer coming my heart starts pounding so hard sometimes I think the deer will hear it. And I have a hard time catching my breath. It's usually not until I walk up on the deer laying on the ground that I realize that I can bundle it's feet together and carry it with one hand.
When that Feeling goes away it's time to retire, that's what keeps Us All Going, that's the Feeling We All want to have, it's the Ultimate Rush and only we know how it feels.
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
And By NO MEANS did I Insinusate that I think Your Lazy, Just Smart
I wasn't bothered by what you said. I have hunted hard for the last 3 days and I haven't seen a thing. I feel sorry for the first one that walks into range, I really mean that. I always feel a little bad after shooting a deer. That goes away pretty quickly though. And I start thinking that all the hard work is about to begin.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
in past seasons, I would not have passed on an 15yard shot. this year i did, have not seen anything since
Today a Buddy of Mine did a little Slow (Sneak and Peek) through the Creek Bottom....He Kicked some Does up to the top of the Ravine to Me, I was ready and heard them comming.....I had the Hammer ****ed........
Here they came, Bounding and right at Me, of course I had My ML and I ony had one shot, I wanted the best and only shot, I Mouth Bleated to Stop them, they did'nt stop, I Mouth Beated Louder....the Biggest one stopped but stopped behing a Big Tree, No Shot at 20 yds,,,,,the biggest Doe ran off in front of the tree and I didnt see her again untill she was going down the Ravine, she was mine I thought, all she neede to do was take a step left or right, Nope! I hate when I have a Deer so close and cant get a shot.....that's how it goes with a MLer, if I had My Shotgun or Rifle She would have been in the Freezer, That's why I LOVE to Hunt with a MLer!
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
I wasn't bothered by what you said. I have hunted hard for the last 3 days and I haven't seen a thing. I feel sorry for the first one that walks into range, I really mean that. I always feel a little bad after shooting a deer. That goes away pretty quickly though. And I start thinking that all the hard work is about to begin.
Again Not ment about You......I also have the same feelings you do about (After the shot) I Love to Hunt Deer and no matter how Much I have Hunted a Certain Deer, when I finally have Him Tagged I feel for Him as I know He was the Warrior of the Woods and I Wished He'd of been a little Smater to Out Wit Me, I Enjoyed the Hunt but Liked Hunting Him Even More. I believe Each and Every One of Us Feels for the Animals We harvest, they Deserve all the Respect, Happiness and Sadness alike.
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Mark me down as dumb; I let so many deer pass sometimes I think a camera would be a better "weapon".
Somehow everything seems too small, then on the last minute of the last day of ML I just want anything to come in range!
Of course, I too vow that it will be a different story "next year"...
Old 12-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Again Not ment about You......I also have the same feelings you do about (After the shot) I Love to Hunt Deer and no matter how Much I have Hunted a Certain Deer, when I finally have Him Tagged I feel for Him as I know He was the Warrior of the Woods and I Wished He'd of been a little Smater to Out Wit Me, I Enjoyed the Hunt but Liked Hunting Him Even More. I believe Each and Every One of Us Feels for the Animals We harvest, they Deserve all the Respect, Happiness and Sadness alike.
(BP)
Well said!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I think about Most every Morning when Im on the way to see My Huntng Buddys and to Hunt is that Everyone's still with us, were all still able to Hunt and were all Healthy. Weather We Shot Deer, Chased Deer or saw no Deer does'nt really matter, all that really matters is were All still out there having a Blast, getting a Deer is a Bonus, the Memories are what matter the Most.
I watched the Older Guys we hunt with grow older and not be able to hunt anymore, some have went to a Better Place, We Miss them and being with them and all the Fun we had togeather Hunting and the Stories we shared.
I know one Day I'll be with them, but today I'll keep doing what I Love to do, Hunting and being with Good Friends, Hunting is one thing but Friends are Everything.
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 05:54 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-27-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.