Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me! >

I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Think I Like The Thrill of The Hunt More, Stupid Me!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
Mark me down as dumb; I let so many deer pass sometimes I think a camera would be a better "weapon".
Somehow everything seems too small, then on the last minute of the last day of ML I just want anything to come in range!
Of course, I too vow that it will be a different story "next year"...
I carry a Camera with Me every time I go Hunting......I take Pictures of Deer that I could have shot but did'nt... My Buddys want to Strangle Me for it.... all I hear is Quit Taking Pictures of them and Shoot!!!!!!!!!!! When I finally wake up and decide I'll shoot the next time I seem them, they never show up again.......but I do have the Proof.........Stupid Me!
(BP)
Old 12-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Breechplug
I carry a Camera with Me every time I go Hunting......I take Pictures of Deer that I could have shot but did'nt... My Buddys want to Strangle Me for it.... all I hear is Quit Taking Pictures of them and Shoot!!!!!!!!!!! When I finally wake up and decide I'll shoot the next time I seem them, they never show up again.......but I do have the Proof.........Stupid Me!
(BP)
Frontier Muzzleloading Film Crew at your service!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ft. Sill muzzleloader season opens about 15 October. OK muzzleloader season opens about one week later and is two weeks long. i almost always take a doe early in muzzleloader season.

We can take a total of four does and two bucks during archery, muzzleloader and deer gun seasons. There is a special holiday doe season that includes Christmas: Does taken during that season do not count toward the total. This year i've killed two bucks and two does: My deer hunting is over. All deer were taken with my CVA StagHorn and my .50 Encore.

This winter i'll do some brushhogging and root removal for new game plots. They will be very close to the woods or in the woods; the deer like it better that way.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

We are allowed 6 deer this year, but only 3 in any one zone since I have my own land and it is all in one zone I like to take one deer with bow in the first week of season a 6 point buck this year and one deer in the first week of muzzleloader season a doe this year after that I just wait for a really good buck to come by have not seen one this year.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

I pass on button bucks and little baby does but other than that I fill my freezer first then I trophy hunt.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bottom line is being out in the field with friends and family, especially when camping is the very best part of the hunting experience.especially when you consider the fraction of a second it takes to actually put a animal down.those memories last a lifetime..
Old 12-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I passed on a 8 pt. opening morning of our regular firearms only because I couldn't pull the trigger opening morning with so much hunting left. It was probably a 120 inch buck and I had him at less than 30 yds for a couple minutes. I did not see another adult buck for the next 5 days of hunting. I did jump 2 very nice bucks bedded down together yesterday afternoon while walking to one of my stands. I did take a doe for meat and I do have one more weekend left to fill my buck tag.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
Ft. Sill muzzleloader season opens about 15 October. OK muzzleloader season opens about one week later and is two weeks long. i almost always take a doe early in muzzleloader season.

We can take a total of four does and two bucks during archery, muzzleloader and deer gun seasons. There is a special holiday doe season that includes Christmas: Does taken during that season do not count toward the total. This year i've killed two bucks and two does: My deer hunting is over. All deer were taken with my CVA StagHorn and my .50 Encore.

This winter i'll do some brushhogging and root removal for new game plots. They will be very close to the woods or in the woods; the deer like it better that way.
A CVA Stag Horn, I think that was the Second MLer I Owned, then the Stag Horn Mag. I Killed many a Deer with that Stag Horn, the Best $89 I Ever Spent.
(BP)
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

So many things here were posted that I really identify with but you opened my eyes BP I didnt know I could use reg season tags during late muzzle season. I just checked and for sure thats true now I will have plenty of tags for tag soup after the 19th. But I get an extra chance we have spec shotgun/muzzle season here in 1c.......
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

The only thing that passes is if it is not legal to take. In Mo we have a 4 point antler restriction, which means a deer must have 4 points on one side to be legal. So basically a 7 pointer or above you can take. Don't see many of those and we take all the does as we are unlimited on doe tags. This all on only 5 acres of land by the way, so we have to take what the Lord gives us and be happy to be out hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.