Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying >

what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

what we think the top 10 muzzleloaders general public is buying

Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

CVA sells more Wolfs than TC sells guns in their entire line up. Im not sure how many Accuras,Optimas, Apex rifles they sell.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default ML

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
I think the general public is buying the cheapest muzzleloader they can find, which usually means an import. But at least that way when they don't have a job instead of sitting around whining they can use their free time to hunt. Except that being out of work they probably wont have money for gas, powder, bullets and the like. The general public lost all semblance of common sense a long time ago.
Sorry that all of us cannot afford to pay the price for one of the new Knights like you have. I don't have a job anymore because I am 70 and am on SS. You probably call that welfare. Also I don't sit around whining about it either or throw it in peoples face that I have more than they have. Your arrogance is not called for.
For your info I have a CVA Accura V1, not because it was cheaper but because I liked it better than the others i checked out. I also have an Omega which I will use again someday if my Accura needs repair. It is my backup gun, cause the Accura outshoots it hands down.

Have a good day.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can only tell you for certain what our group has which is:

2 Triumphs
1 Encore
1 700ML
2 Genesis
1 MK 85
1 Knight LRH
1 Knight Rolling Block
1 Prusuit
1 Wolf

That doesn't include the traditionals of course.

I used to think that a lot of people bought the cheapo MLs but as of late, I've noticed that people are now buying more quality guns. Maybe I have snobby hunter friends
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe that a lot of first time buyers buy cheap and when they need a winch to pull the trigger and they have to listen to it grate crunch and groan before the gun goes off they start looking for some a bit better quality. The sad part is we loose some good people who walk away in disgust if the first one is a problem.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
CVA sells more Wolfs than TC sells guns in their entire line up. Im not sure how many Accuras,Optimas, Apex rifles they sell.

I bet they do, people in my area MLer hunt, just to stay out longer and only use the gun 3 weekends a year and to pick it up for under 200.00 that would be the choice. but, for anyone that spends time on a range and shoots for fun and hunting, would not waste their time on a Wolf.

For example the link Sabotloader posted only 8 out of 61 on this site would shoot a CVA and at graybeards 14 of 103. That tells the story of what real MLer shooters think of CVA.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 11-30-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

where did you get that information? i find it hard to believe since CVA's are banned in a lot of countries.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

We are 6 in our group and only two don't have a Knight.
I have a Knight Extreme,3 have Knight Bighorn,one has a Gonnick and my son in law hunt with my Tradition E-Bolt in-line and he like it.
With that E-Bolt I shot a big 7 points deers with a patch&ball at 85 yards ,dead on the spot.
Taureau noir
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

I'm also curious about this. Do you have any links? I'm not saying you are lying, because I have no idea who sells the most of anything and I know in a lot of area's people like cheap guns, however on the other hand it also does kind of surprise me because out of the many many guys I know that own muzzle loaders I only know 2 of them that own Wolfs, and one of them owns it because it was given to him. In other area's that is probably not the case though, but I'd just like to see more info on this.

In our area more people use T/C's by far than any other gun, and looking at the polls on here and Graybeards, it seems like more guys online use T/C's as well.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Hey BP however I don't agree with the way MM made his statement I do agree with his point and supporting companies that employ and use american products it is what this country needs in todays economy.

As far as you outshooting your buddies does not mean you have the better gun (accuracy) just means you are probably the better shot. When all the CVA Posters post up pics of there targets and distances, I know my TC's and Knights outshoot them or at least I can outshoot the shooter.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Hey BP however I don't agree with the way MM made his statement I do agree with his point and supporting companies that employ and use american products it is what this country needs in todays economy.

As far as you outshooting your buddies does not mean you have the better gun (accuracy) just means you are probably the better shot. When all the CVA Posters post up pics of there targets and distances, I know my TC's and Knights outshoot them or at least I can outshoot the shooter.
I guess I should'nt have said what I said about Me Outshooting My Buddys because of the ML I have, but Yes I do out shoot the shooter. No Way Can ANYONE out shoot a ML, Im sure any ML is way more accurate than the Shooter. This is all besides the Point of what I was trying to say. I was pointing out the fact that I bought My CVA ACCURA's because of how there made (Bergara Barrels) and how they Shoot. It was'nt because there Less Expensive than TC's or Knights. I do try to Support Buying American, but what Exactly is 100% American made anymore? Like I said above I'd be Really Surprised if 100% of all Parts that go into making the TC, Knights or whatever American Made ML you Buy are actually ALL American Made or even Made in America with All American Parts.
I dont Care What Anyone Shoots, to Each His Own, but lets Not Assume that Because one Buy's a Less Expensive ML that it's because it's all they can Afford.
Oh and I would'nt mind taking My ACCURA out and see exactly how Good You think You are with Your's. I dont get how one thinks that because it cost more that it shoots better Groups.
(BP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.