Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
4th Warmest November on Record >

4th Warmest November on Record

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

4th Warmest November on Record

Old 11-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 4th Warmest November on Record

Bow Season came and went with little to no signs of Rutting Activity with Above Normal Temps the entire time from Mid October to our Gun Season Opener on Nov 19th.
We did manage to have a little Snow a couple of Days prior to Our Gun Opener so there was a little on Opening Day but since then were back into above normal Temps with lots of Rain and Wind.
My Wife managed to get a Nice 9pt Opening Day and we saw more Deer than we ever have and Passed on more then We normally do so that's the only Plus. I did take a Nice Big Doe a few days back and passed on a Nice 8pt last Saturday that another Buddy of mine took when it went by Him. But it's still Warm, Windy and Rainy. Now Im getting SICK and have a Cold!
Yesterday, Sunday I was Sick and it Rained all day and was 62 Degreese out, I stayed Home. This is our 4th Warmest November on Record with No Measureable SNOW for November. We Always have Snow by now, this does'nt seem like Hunting Season.
Rain again this Morning, still Sick, I may stay Home again. The extended Weather Forecast does'nt look much better, still above Normal Temps and Rain into December.
I still have untill Dec 20th befor it's All Over, 2 Buck and 3 Doe Tags left, so I'll keep Praying for Colder Weather and Some Snow.
How's Your Weather been and Your Season going?
(BP)
Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh I forgot to mention I spent around $65 on 30 Packs of (Super Body Warmers) I have'nt used a single one yet. Last year at this time we had up to 3-4 feet of Snow in some places and real Cold Temps. Some places we Could'nt Hunt because the Snow was so Deep.
I Only Heat with Wood and so far this Season I've only had the Wood Stove going mabey 10 times and that was just to take the Chill out. I have a Feeling were going to really Pay for this. Lake Erie has'nt Froze over yet, it's still 5 Degreese above Normal for this time of the Year. A Un-Frozen Lake Erie= Lake Effect Snow Storms. The Cold Air blowing accross the Warm Lake Water will make for some real Bad Snow Storms.
As I write this it's Raining, it's Warm out, the Windows in My House are open a little and Im in My Shorts......is this the End of November in Snow Country........
Old 11-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Fork Horn

Add high dangerously high wind (tree tops snapping in the woods), and it has been the same as yours.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

My woods and high winds have suffered terrible. Tops down all over the place. The grouse should love that. Our November has been more of a temperamental early October for us. A brief cold spell, maybe some flurries, then warm up and rain. I mean come on.. how can a person enjoy this?
Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

Better than 3 feet of snow like some years Dave. Or - 10
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ahh yes, but look at all the $ we're saving on heating. Now we can buy more ML stuff? Don't worry guys, its a coming. The cold weather will be here soon.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I can remember deer hunting on snowshoes, as it was the only way to get back in the woods because the snow was so deep.

There is a past deer season with me on some tracks...

Bronko ... some of us need more muzzleloading things like a hole in the head. But it is nice to only burn junk wood to heat the house. I've been burning up all my spring and fall wood and saving my hard maple for what ever winter wants to throw at us.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, it's been hot here too.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

VERY warm November here. Hunting has been bad so far. At this point last year our hunting party had taken 8 or 9 deer I believe. This year the total so far is 2.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't understand. Here, the deer will stay at timberline if it stays warm in the fall. They don't disappear, but they are harder to hunt.

You guys don't have any mountains. Where do they have to go too? Why is your hunting harder in warm weather?

If you're talking about the rut? We don't even get to hunt the rut. Our deer seasons are over by the time the rut starts. We still kill plenty of deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.